No announcement yet.

We are giving away the ball much too often

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard working player, but he is extremely limited.

Comment

Well the wing play is squeezing the field and we're not getting enough chances, somebody like Watson better start some inventive play pon de pitch...LOL
      Last edited by Nemesis; June 12, 2012, 08:09 PM.

Comment

That is what pressure does, when the guys are fast and big and proactive that slow cycle time on each touch is no good, then we become long ball kings as we Cannot move the ball as easily as against Guatemala.

Comment

Shelton and Watson need fi come off now, we need something to start happening.

Comment

Change the formation and attack the midfield of atigua.

Comment

I dont get that sub..

Comment

it look like Tappa a play fi a draw, a weh di raaaaas this

Comment

cant criticize too much..ddidn't see anyone playing rreal bad..we needed a good strategy to break them down...we really failed to get behind the defence at any time..Whitmore needs to come with a good strategy to win these games

Comment

...not in this case.
                    We made the errors without any help. In tennis it is called 'unforced errors'.
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

He took too long to bring on Fuller. Antigua defends with everybody behind the ball, on such a small pitch players like Stevens (like he did on that last attack) make a huge difference. All the players looks timid in possession (says a lot about their technical abilities).

Lovell almost made them win the game in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                        Antigua are no push overs they look quite solid, Jamaica need to move the ball quicker.
                        Have to disagree by saying Antigua is a push over...just not for us (as we played today). ...and am in full agreement that we need to move the ball quicker. ...and following up here, we (my Reggae Boyz players) also need to move them damn selves into support positions quicker! ...and stap gi weh di damn ball!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                          Have to disagree by saying Antigua is a push over...just not for us (as we played today). ...and am in full agreement that we need to move the ball quicker. ...and following up here, we (my Reggae Boyz players) also need to move them damn selves into support positions quicker! ...and stap gi weh di damn ball!
                          the same thing happened in the GC last year..we are slow in thinking and therefore slow in moving....against USA we will suffer, cause they will close us down quickly like they did in GC.
                          Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Karl I've noticed that you've stayed away from the Tappa arguments. What are your thoughts?
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I hear you Karl, but typically that cowithout to less space to operate, these guys were as big, as fast as physical as jamaica they were also very combative, Shutting down space very quickly, giving the guys little room for the slow lazy ball we call possession ball.

How many times did I see one of our boys have the ball taken off him or lose out on a 50:50 ball or lose the scraps in a tussle for ball and position, we were out hustled, and they played well to their capabilities and almost scored on a number of occasions using a basic long ball strategy which we had a tough time with.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                                I hear you Karl, but typically that cowithout to less space to operate, these guys were as big, as fast as physical as jamaica they were also very combative, Shutting down space very quickly, giving the guys little room for the slow lazy ball we call possession ball.

How many times did I see one of our boys have the ball taken off him or lose out on a 50:50 ball or lose the scraps in a tussle for ball and position, we were out hustled, and they played well to their capabilities and almost scored on a number of occasions using a basic long ball strategy which we had a tough time with.
                                This game (in a certain sense/on a certain level) is simple.

If you are playing an opponent physically stronger than you are commonsense suggests you "go with your friend"...i.e. beat the opponent from 'far out' - one-twos/movement and passing! ...as mi seh commonsense that must be used as wi innah di game. Players jobs? Solving problems opponents present! ...an solve dem quick suh yuh TEAM benefits!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X