Michael Campbelll again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Campbelll again!

I am still trying to understand why this man has not been given a chance at the national level. When we look at his performance over the past three years at least he seems to be the best all round productive player in the league and he has led bt to be consistently in the mix, yet many others are given chance after chance after chance at the national level and I really cannot remember this man getting even a half in any jamaica practice game.

What is really unusual is many that have been given multiple chances even on the current team are not even close to meeting mc's production level in the Rspl. Maybe someone who have a better understanding of the local scene and mc can explain what seems to be unexplainable to me.

Mosiah would be the perfect person to comment on his thoughts of whether Campbell deserve to be in the squad ahead of Dada or even Jermaine Hue.

Comment

who ?

Comment

Nuh worry. Him nuh show on ESPN.

Comment

Bangy as I remember him has been pretty good and reliable since high school days. From what I know of him he is one of those players with good workrate and discipline. I wouldn't say he is excellent or is a big game changer but he will give you a hard days work... That said he Tappa and crew should have at least given him a chance to see how he fits in

Comment

ESPN nuh nuh show NPL ??

what a shame..

Comment

Well you know what his numbers are pretty godd better than both dada and hue, you know is one thing I know about numbers is if you don't get good numbers in the Rspl, you won't get good numbers in the ELO, the championship, the epl or mls , what you practice dat follow you. So mc scores well especially for a midfielder and he also says he has good assists numbers I have yet to see that, but everything points to this man as a game changer, good stats, leadership skills, good temperament what more can we ask for.

I submit that if a man can be chosen as MVP of the Rspl then he must be good enough to get a chance to show his wares. From all I can see, Rspl level is between championship and ELO, probably much closer to ELO, that is a pretty good league to be the MVP.

Comment

Forgive me?
                ELO?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Sorry Karl, English league one.

Comment

Thanks!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

So which midfielder in the Rspl can hold a candle to Michael Campbell, because based on stats alone he wins by a landslide, not to mention leadership and consistent results for an unheralded team.

Comment

Originally posted by Plush View Post
                        Bangy as I remember him has been pretty good and reliable since high school days. From what I know of him he is one of those players with good workrate and discipline. I wouldn't say he is excellent or is a big game changer but he will give you a hard days work... That said he Tappa and crew should have at least given him a chance to see how he fits in
                        I was listening to the KLAS sports call in program and one of the callers was asking the same question.
                        "We're not getting our butts kicked." Lauryn Williams on the U.S.-Jamaica rivalry.

Comment

Plush what kind of game changer we need more than someone who is a strong passionate leader and who actually really leads the attack and scores and assists, is that not a game changer, looks like everybody wants a Moses to part the red sea with a wave of the hand, well we not going to find that guy at this point, all we need to look for is the productive midfielders we have and work with that. Bangy as you all him is our most productive player in our league playing against the same guys everybody super rate and he is out producing them both in actual individual stats and in being a spark to his team. Daley and hue look good but they are not producers at this level, they are not high rate producers even at the npl/Rspl level we can't expect them to just jump from being better than average local producers and become stars in international ball, that is totally unfair to them. So like you say bangy should have had a chance somewhere along the line.

Comment

Working...
                          X