Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattocks Brace for Whitecaps

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2012...defeat-houston
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Now they can't keep him off the pitch, this youth is ridiculous, his body reaction to the though ball was almost nothing, totally calm, like an executioner, amazing!!! This is the kind of kid we Have been looking for yes I am calling it early only thing going to stop him is his maturity.

Comment

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/M...012/story.html

Comment

Youngsters Mattocks, Koffie in sync to guide Whitecaps

Darren Mattocks’ two goals made the difference Sunday evening at BC Place, but there's no denying speedy Jamaican had a helping hand – an eye-opening performance from 20-year-old midfielder Gershon Koffie proved the perfect complement to Mattocks' strong showing in the Vancouver Whitecaps 3-1 victory over the Houston Dynamo.

The Ghanaian, known mainly as a midfield destroyer in Year 1, has always shown a willingness to surge forward and attempt shots from anywhere in the opposing half, but against the Dynamo it was his ability to find players – often Mattocks – with killer passes in behind the backline that stood out.

(continue)
        "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
        - Xavi

Comment

I have been telling them for a while now. This kid has potential not seen everyday. It is up to him to take it to another level. He could easily have a two or 3 hatrick in the MLS this year if he doesn't let things get to his head.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The only thing that bothers me about Mattocks is the 'Bun Head'. LOL.

Comment

No let that bother you, Youthman 21, At least he has been a good student and respect his coach and teammates.

Comment

A lot of compliments. The hairstyle is disturbing to say the least.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

it concerns me too! ..... fun and joke asisde ... how do you think he would be received into the team?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Which team? I think it's still a little too early to draft him into the Boyz. There is more than enough time for him to continue learning his trade in the MLS. Afterall, this is his first season with just a few games so far under his belt. Definitely one for the future if he continues in the same vein. His confidence knows no bounds, which I think is good for a striker. If you sat him down right now and ask him, he would probably tell you that Messi and Ronaldo is not better than him.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

i disagree. we brought in shelton at that age or even younger. he should be a part of the set up now, give him a 10 or 15 minutes to get him acclimated.

if we wait 3-5 years he may have other options which could be more attractive.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

a so me see it. The youth brashness should not be a problem. He has never had problems with his coach and respect his elder teammates. He has a lot of confidence but most strikers have to have that swag. He often said he has a lot to learn so I don't think he will say he is good as Messi etc. but he will tell you he think he can get there one day.

He needs to be on the bench in the next round at the very latest.

Comment

now back to the hair .... do you think he would get a hard time from his reggaeboyz teammates

Comment

I don't think he should be brought in during this round, but if he continues scoring goals come next year/round, then he certainly should be looked at. The hair should not be a problem, even though it would distract me if I was his teammate. You have other wierdos already in the team so he should just blend right in.

Comment

He seems like he would take it in stride. Seemed to get on well with his teammates in Ohio and Vancouver. Always had some weird hairdo. I think they would laugh and joke about it but he would be fine.

He could be used to keep players like Shelton/Fuller etc. on their toes.

Comment

Working...
                              X