Good game by the Boyz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good game by the Boyz

We controlled the game throughout. Our midfield played very well, but kudos to our backline. Nugsy was calm and efficient. It's been a long time since I've watched Jamaica played and not booting the ball out of the back aimlessly. I felt relaxed throughout the game. I like Palmer at RB. My MOM goes to..........drumroll.............. LUTON SHELTON. This was the first time that I've watched him and he's playing with a sense of purpose. Overall, the team played well in all departments. As I said before, the win was expected, so I won't be jumping up out of my seat as yet. The real test is when we start playing the tougher side. Tappa's team selection tonight was good. If this squad keeps playing together, then we can make some noise.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Luton Shelton oh Luton Shelton i cuss you so much but i had to eat some humble pie tonight, he was excellent!!

Comment

mi tell unnu not to raise unnu blood pressure. Tappa see Mapp and Nugsby play for one half and decided that these are the backs he wanted. The man them had some knocks so he rested them. He decided to go with Strenght and pace upfront and it was excellent. The wing was open for the taking for most of the game. All we had to do was bounce it in midfield and then play it wide. The whole team looked good. The goal post was a savior fi them tonight. Ball movement was very good.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes, a very good game. the only negative for the whole game was the loss of concentration on the free kick that resulted in the goal by Guatemala. There was really total domination from start to almost finish.

The defense was rock solid. Team defense especially in the midfield was very good. All players were tracking back when they lose the ball and the closed down the spaces in the midfield.

The attacking half was also very good but we should have scored a few more goals with so many chances,.

My MOM was R. (Rudi) Austin. He closed down the spaces in the midfield, did a massive amount of tackling (cleanly).

L. Sheldon, A. Marriapa, J Morrison and D. Philips also had very good games.

Respect
        Mac

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          mi tell unnu not to raise unnu blood pressure. Tappa see Mapp and Nugsby play for one half and decided that these are the backs he wanted. The man them had some knocks so he rested them. He decided to go with Strenght and pace upfront and it was excellent. The wing was open for the taking for most of the game. All we had to do was bounce it in midfield and then play it wide. The whole team looked good. The goal post was a savior fi them tonight. Ball movement was very good.
          You seeit, tell all the man dem weh a talk bout Tappa fi get sack over some friendly game to show dem face round here mek we slap it off. LOL!!

Comment

Agreed! ...it is correctly said, "you can only what play put against you"...or some such thing.

...Luton Shelton had the best game I have seen him play. So did Rudolph (Rodolph?)Austin.

...as HL said we should move on to the Hex! If the TEAM keeps improving we can 'hope' (World Cup here we come and not merely to, as we did in '98 be 'just to play in the first round' but to create waves (play some good ball)!

Still EARLY DAYS!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

yeahman. All certain man who a say mi a back Tappa and Roy better not show them face and say nuthing at all. LOL

stadium pitch look much better than last week.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes good game, a must win, and that was done, love the ball possession, love the tracking back, everybody seemed to be doing that, loved the closing down of space on the opposition when they had the ball.

Did not love the finishing at all in and around 18 yard box, I will come back to this, did not love some of the passing in the back more than a few mistakes that faster more hungry teams could pick off, did not love that three guat players were there to put the ball in the net after the free kick with nary a yard man in sight. Did not love the scoreline after dominating possession, shows that no matter how good you look the only thing that matters is the final result.

Did not love the slow, cycle time with each possession of the ball by our players, with guat that works with USA that will not work, when we meet superior opposition that slow cycle time possession by each player is death itself, every micro second that ball is held longer when facing good opposition means space is being closed down and options for the next pass and the following pass are being shut down.

Back to the issue of finishing in and around the 18, I believe that the space and time reaction by an attacking player is lessened with each yard forward into the oppositions territory, thus in your half the time and space reaction is significant as we see with easy movement and casual movement of the ball, the need for increased speed within the space to obtain a time advantage is necessary as you move into the opposition territory as space becomes tighter and speed becomes of greater essence whether it is speed of movement on and off the ball or Quick movement of the ball Between players thus shortening the cycle time of ball possession and release for each player. In the final third of the opposition half In and around the goal,space becomes even tighter and with numbers the opposition Is able to crunch space thus necessitating a faster and quicker pass and release to gain an advantage, what I am seeing is some increase in speed but not enough to play superior teams. That is our ultimate goal then how to execute at speed n the tighter spaces, we look good with space but not so good when we get closer in that is where the great teams show superiority and ultimately that is why the shoreline was 2-1, this was barely past meeting base expectations.

Bottom line we win, but will have to do a lot better to win against panama, USA, mex, cr and Honduras, how do we improve in those areas?

Comment

Good start, rapid improvement necessary!

Yes good game, a must win, and that was done, love the ball possession, love the tracking back, everybody seemed to be doing that, loved the closing down of space on the opposition when they had the ball.

Did not love the finishing at all in and around 18 yard box, I will come back to this, did not love some of the passing in the back more than a few mistakes that faster more hungry teams could pick off, did not love that three guat players were there to put the ball in the net after the free kick with nary a yard man in sight. Did not love the scoreline after dominating possession, shows that no matter how good you look the only thing that matters is the final result.

Did not love the slow, cycle time with each possession of the ball by our players, with guat that works with USA that will not work, when we meet superior opposition that slow cycle time possession by each player is death itself, every micro second that ball is held longer when facing good opposition means space is being closed down and options for the next pass and the following pass are being shut down.

Back to the issue of finishing in and around the 18, I believe that the space and time reaction by an attacking player is lessened with each yard forward into the oppositions territory, thus in your half the time and space reaction is significant as we see with easy movement and casual movement of the ball, the need for increased speed within the space to obtain a time advantage is necessary as you move into the opposition territory as space becomes tighter and speed becomes of greater essence whether it is speed of movement on and off the ball or Quick movement of the ball Between players thus shortening the cycle time of ball possession and release for each player thus creating a slight advantage that can be cumulated aS a growing advantage if done consistently Well by all players within the play sequence. In the final third of the opposition half In and around the goal,space becomes even tighter and with numbers the opposition Is able to crunch and close space Faster thus necessitating a faster and quicker pass and release to gain an advantage, what I am seeing is some increase in speed but not enough to play superior teams. That is our ultimate goal then how to execute at speed n the tighter spaces, we look good with space but not so good when we get closer in that is where the great teams show superiority and ultimately that is why the scoreline was 2-1, this was barely little more than meeting base expectations.

Bottom line we win, but will have to do a lot better to win against panama, USA, mex, cr and Honduras, how do we improve in those areas?
                  Last edited by Stonigut; June 9, 2012, 04:50 AM.

Comment

tek time Karl... smoke a spliff or sumting...

Comment

Even The Field Is A Winner

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      yeahman. All certain man who a say mi a back Tappa and Roy better not show them face and say nuthing at all. LOL

stadium pitch look much better than last week.
                      When you see a win for the Jamaica everything looks better even the field. Keep thinking everything could look better in the days to come. There is always hope when you win.

Comment

Guatemala held its own until the 1st goal was scored , we struggled to open them up ,good game ? We looked good because the guats opened up trying to equalise.

Ryan Johnson begged for a ball the entire 1st half .the midfield didnt have a clue how to pass him a ball, He bawled at Shelton to pass him the ball and that happened in the 2nd half.Lets see what happens in Guatemala, BTW they did score.

Some say dominating ? when our 2nd striker touched the ball 3 times in the 1st half.Shelton looked good with pace,his passing again was poor,the one time he passed to Johnson , he scored , what does that tell you ? keep in mind its guatemala in Jamaica....Fuller came on and kept up di almshouse 6-58 .

Our goals came from Phillips and Johnson, not shelton with all his pace and poor passing .Johnson who barely touched the ball in the 1st half .
                        Last edited by Sir X; June 9, 2012, 07:54 AM.
                        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                          Luton Shelton oh Luton Shelton i cuss you so much but i had to eat some humble pie tonight, he was excellent!!
                          But...he should have scored at least one for himself.
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Easy yourself brethren. How you fi worry about the scoreline? How many times did we hit the post and their goalie had to make about 3 excellent saves? The team was confortable for most of the game. Yes the team lapse on that free kick and I bet we will improve on that.

As for the possession, everything is coming in place and will develop better in another few months. Did you see the US game?

Comment

Johson scored right? He got the ball into space right? Always finding something to blame Shelton for, You nuh find nothing to blame Tappa for?

Comment

Working...
                              X