• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Pacheco Calls Glen Johnson ‘Negrito’ On Twitter

Re-Opens Liverpool Race Row

by Mad Dog and Glory June 6th, 2012
    Comments

Whichever point of view you take on this you have to say that Daniel Pacheco should not have sent the tweet below. There are some who state that the term ‘negrito’ is not considered racist but then there are others who disagree. The Liverpool youngster has pretty much needlessly re-opened the race row debate that followed the altercation between Luis Suarez and Patrice Evra, which resulted in the Uruguayan being handed a nine match ban by the FA.

Download the Free CaughtOffside App Now at the iTunes App store by CLICKING HERE
    http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/06/06/daniel-pacheco-calls-glen-johnson-negrito-on-twitter-and-re-opens-liverpool-race-row/

It is the intent of the comment that matters. There is a big difference when someone refers to person as a F-ing N****, than a non-frontational Good Luck N***
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

well the term is differnt from a latin perspective. I have said this here before. My south american friends sometimes use it as a terms of enderment. Like my N for life. It can also be use in an ugly way like the way Surez used it.

Comment

True but it is a phrase that should never be accepted by Africans esp in friendly banter.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I understand , but its complex.

Comment

Liverpool should take a stand and get rid of these haters. I dont care what anyone says this was meant to be disrespectful and maybe racist.
            Glen Johnson has a name, so if Pacheco meant well in his shout out he should have called the player by name.

There may not be a word for ************ in spanish so they used negrito. Even if negrito translate to negro in english, it may have a more condescending, disrespectful, or racist meaning in spanish.

This has to stop, teammates or not, the FA should look into terminating players contract for using this word.
            Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
            Mitty

Comment

Nothing complex about it , its a slave word , negative in every sense.I refuse to be addressed by it , whether in a jovial way by afro/latina -americans and esp Jamaicans who should know better esp the younger ones who are americanised in the hip hop culture.

Black man fi know im self.They can try and make light of it , thats its used as a term of endearment, and thats my biggest issue , they know it was used in a historical sense in a negative way and now it should be justified as endearing, talk about mental slavery.

The latina- americans ,peurto ricans and new latin immigrants use it amongst themselves and to other african americans to seek acceptance ,after coming to grips that they are treated in sub human ways like african americans , so they use it to get sympathy with their civil rights struggle, but as soon as they can assimilate into white america, its our struggle(african).The games people play with words.
              Last edited by Sir X; June 7, 2012, 11:07 AM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The Spanish & Portugese were the 1st slave masters of the New World.Negro is a spanish word.

alteration of earlier neger, from Middle French negre, from Spanish or Portuguese negro, from negro black, from Latin niger
                First Known Use: 1574
                Last edited by Sir X; June 7, 2012, 11:32 AM.

Comment

its complex because in South America ecuador and Peru in particular it is NOT a slave word. Your are mixing up ************ and the term Negrito... again you never pause to comprehend

Comment

X I was in Peru, a light skin sister came up to me and with the biggest smile says hola negrito... In her mind she was not callling me the N word as we use it in North America.. just happy to see someone like her. A taxi driver told me his wife was black and they spoke like that sayings it can be used as a descriptive phrase without the connotation of hatred and race. He also says the opposite is true. so context matters. I dont think it is something to do with Liverpool as much as i like to bash them. I am saying maybe education is necessary but the player did not mean harm.

Comment

Good, why dem doan say negro den if dem mean well, even though a better choice of word can be used like teammate, pal bredrin, mate, bloak ect. Why negrita?????
                      Mitty

Comment

again you never pause to comprehend

Comprehend what , that your opinion should be used as a fact ? Its origins is with the 1st slave masters of the New World , That is a fact!not my opinion.

You do comprehend that ?Are you saying Ecuador & Peru never had negros ? and what social standing do they occupy today in those nations , for it to be used as a term of endearment ?

Comment

context is important!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

OJ mek sense , black americans do the same every blasted day , thats the point of contention .Doesnt change the negative connotations with the word , the question should be how do Europeans view the word use in Society.Even white kids who use it, to the point of calling themselves wiggers.

It is a negative word.

Comment

My point exactly, a negrito calling another negrito, a negrito is acceptable. A non negrito calling a negrito a negrito may not be.

Young blacks in merica call each other the n-word all the time and it is somewhat accepted; if a white man say de same ting is war.

Surely words have different meaning depending on the context.

I think Pacheco meant harm, especially since several black players express concern over the racist climate in the host countries.
                              Just reminding him what some fans in the host country think of him.
                              Mitty

Comment

Working...
                              X