Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't aware

Motherwell's Chris Humphrey was unaware of Jamaica curfew

Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey has insisted he was unaware of the curfew which led to his two-game suspension from the Jamaica squad.
    Humphrey and Birmingham striker Marlon King were removed from the squad after breaking a curfew after their World Cup qualifier against Panama.
    But Humphrey told the club's official website he was unaware of the rule.
    "I had not been informed of any curfew and no-one told me we were not allowed to go out," he said.
    "It was a huge honour to be asked to represent Jamaica and I am very disappointed I will not be available to try and help the team in the next two games against Guatemala and Antigua & Barbuda.
    "I would just like to clarify a few points as I believe there has been a communication problem.
    Continue reading the main story

I had not been informed of any curfew and no one told me we were not allowed to go out

Chris Humphrey
    Motherwell winger
    "After the game in Panama I did go out. It was late after the game and to unwind I went out for an hour.
    "I fully accept the fact that I did go out and on that basis I have apologised to the team and accept responsibility.
    "Naturally I wish the team all the very best in the forthcoming games."

Scapegoats of Tappa failed empire.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

And everyone was quick to condemn the ballers without hearing their version of what occurred. Maybe one of these days the media that will do diligence and present both sides....
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

And if there was a curfew (not properly communicated) could we know why? given the circumstances? i.e. post a friendly match. Caveat: Assuming that what I have read so far regarding timing, is true.
        Peter R

Comment

The due diligence wouldn't be a good situation for Marlon King.

Comment

2 out of 24 weren't aware of the curfew, to include Nosworthy and Mariappa? The mistake that Tappa made was pairing (roommate) young Humphries with Marlon King. We all know King love the nightlife and seem to want to sample the local "dinning" everywhere he goes.

I don't buy the excuse that they were not aware of the curfew for one minute. Whether it be before or after the game. Fact is they are away from home and though they grown man, the JFF are responsible for their well-being while they in camp, therefore, rules have to be in place.

Comment

I can bet that King encourage Humphries out. Sad that the youth miss both game on his first mistake but we know Marlon King by now.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

better them leave well enough alone.

Comment

Working...
                X