No announcement yet.

Reggae Boyz Coaching Candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now back to the main point of the thread, Tappa's CV at the time he was appointed Head Coach, to put it mildly was grossly inadequate. It was clear he was not qualified for the job, both in experience and also in terms of coaching badges one would expect the Head Coach of a national team to have.

Now I'm not knocking the job he has done so far, he game in, did well and won 3 World Cup qualifiers on the bounce, won the Digicel Cup and did reasonably well in the Gold Cup last year.

But in modern times you're as good as your last game and with international football a coach has to deal with the pressure from the media and fans who expect to see their team not only win, but play well while doing so. We haven't seen that recently. I don't think he's coping well with the pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
      We have wasted 14 years...what's another 30 seconds
      EXACTLY!!!! So what's another 30 seconds in allowing Tappa to finish the job.

Comment

Does anybody knows how much the JFF is paying Tappa?
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

what is tappa's record as a coach in WCQs?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

what is his overall coaching record as reggae boyz coach?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yuh change profession now???? How yuh a ansa me question wid anneda question????
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

what question?

Comment

~sigh~

Does anybody knows how much the JFF is paying Tappa?

Comment

better start now so when we are eliminated from WCQ we don't waste any time replacing Tappa
                    Yuh can read?

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                      Unless Tappa can navigate his way through the Hex and take us to the promise land, I still say we should start looking around. His real test will be when we play US and Mexico. I just cannot see us beating them over two legs. We should be aiming to reach and surpass them which will take years based on our infrastructure. As Karl said, it is an eight year cycle. I think we have the physical but definitely not the technical abilities to reach that goal. We need quality teachers of the game.
                      So exactly which Jamaica coach before Tappa have ever even beat the US?

Comment

Yuh really nuh haff nutten fi do. It's high time you stop masking this colonial talk mixed with bigotry. Most of your posts head in one direction when speaking of blacks especially those of darker shade. What do you mean Butler is intelligent? So Tappa isn't? In what area is Butler intelligent; football, academics? please explain. I'm sorry that Tappa did not receive a phd. in footballology just to satisfy you.

Quick: question could Maradona coach ja? (I know you will rush with the standard answer but think first)

BTW did the JFF send out a memo saying they are seeking a new coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                          Yuh really nuh haff nutten fi do. It's high time you stop masking this colonial talk mixed with bigotry. Most of your posts head in one direction when speaking of blacks especially those of darker shade. What do you mean Butler is intelligent? So Tappa isn't? In what area is Butler intelligent; football, academics? please explain. I'm sorry that Tappa did not receive a phd. in footballology just to satisfy you.

Quick: question could Maradona coach ja? (I know you will rush with the standard answer but think first)

BTW did the JFF send out a memo saying they are seeking a new coach?
                          "What do you mean Butler is intelligent? So Tappa isn't? In what area is Butler intelligent; football, academics? please explain. I'm sorry that Tappa did not receive a phd. in footballology just to satisfy you."

He put a hold to his football career to earn his degree...he has his UEFA B licence...does Tappa have either? Don't be sorry...begone...

Comment

mad man argument at this point. Tappa is doing is job.

Comment

What is your point?

Comment

Working...
                              X