Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe The JFF Can Clear This Matter Up

http://sport.stv.tv/football/104742-...eaking-curfew/

Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey has been dropped from Jamaica’s squad along with team-mate Marlon King after the duo broke curfew rules.

Neither man will play any part in the nation’s opening two World Cup qualifiers against Guatemala and Antigua and Barbuda.

A statement on the Jamaica Football Federation website read: "The Jamaica Football Federation wishes to advise that head coach of the national senior team, Theodore 'Tappa' Whitmore, has taken the decision to drop Marlon King and Chris Humphrey from the squad for the first two World Cup qualifying games for breaking curfew rules.

"This decision is consistent with the head coach's zero-tolerance approach for acts of indiscipline and indiscretion.

"The team has returned to its training base at Braco [in Jamaica] and will continue preparations for the opening World Cup Qualifier on Friday, June 8 at 8:30 pm at the National Stadium."

The 24-year-old made 40 appearances for the Steelmen this year, scoring two goals as Stuart McCall's team finished third in the Scottish Premier League.
    What exactly was communicated to the players?

HUMPHREY NO TROUBLEMAKER

FIR PARK No.2 Kenny Black admits he was stunned to hear Chris Humphrey had been booted out the Jamaica squad for breaking a curfew – as the Motherwell ace is no troublemaker.

Humphrey and Birmingham City room-mate Marlon King were sent home after falling foul of Jamaican head coach Theodore Whitmore’s strict code of discipline.

Humphrey, who only made his international debut 11 days ago, went AWOL with King after the Reggae Boyz lost 2-1 to Panama on Friday night.
    And the pair will now miss the opening World Cup qualifier against Guatemala on Friday as well as next week’s clash with Antigua and Barbuda after being suspended for two games.

But Well coach Black can’t believe Humphrey has flouted the rules as the 24-year-old winger has always been a good lad on and off the park.
    Black said: “I am completely shocked at this news. Until we know the full story then it is hard to comment but what I will say is it is totally out of character for Chris to behave in this manner.

“This is a strange one and until we are in possession of all the facts then it is difficult to know what has gone on.

“What I will say is that Chris has never been one bit of bother for Stuart McCall and myself during our time at the club.” While Humphrey has never been in trouble before – his room-mate King has previously been banned by Jamaica due to a breach of discipline on a trip to England in 2006.

The 32-year-old Birmingham striker has also been convicted of 14 offences and hit the headlines in 2009 when he was jailed for 18 months for sexually assaulting a woman in a London nightclub and breaking her nose.
    And Black believes Humphrey will be devastated after being caught up in the latest incident involving King.

He said: “Chris was so looking forward to joining up with Jamaica and making an impression to put himself in contention for the two World Cup qualifiers.
    “He had earned his call-up and it was fully justified given his recent performances for us.

“I know he will be bitterly disappointed with how this has all turned out and it will have put a huge dampener on what has been a fantastic season for him.
    “Obviously the club will speak to Chris when he gets home to establish exactly what happened.”
    Yea...give us the facts Tapper...

Comment

I don't think it is in the best interest of King and Humprhey non-football life for any details to come out.

Comment

And Tappa don't ansa to Bricktop!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sometimes people feel dem can tek libarty wid 'fambly'...

Comment

lol ! woiee !

Yuh evah si some ah dem Panama um.. products ?

Comment

Thank his lucky stars...mi nuh haffi fren him up like you enuh...Tappa has gots to go...as a matter of fact lemme change mi signature...

Comment

Working...
              X