Rio, Rio, Rio...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio, Rio, Rio...

...why play the race card? Me and X would tell you that it's more likely Roy simply don't have a brain in him head but even more likely that even Roy cyan stand u!! It has nothing to do with being black, but Rio is clearly an a$$ for saying every black man should be insulted by this (if the press - who we know lie nuff - is true). Either way, I ain't insulted - that's fer sure. And this kind of prima donna behaviour proves Rio is disruptive and worse - stupid. Simple, simplistic, simpleton. He needs to make sure he can pass the drugs test before him start mek so much noise.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rio Ferdinand tells friends England snub is 'morally very suspect'

• Roy Hodgson under pressure to explain Euro 2012 omission
    • John Barnes backs decision not to select FerdinandRio Ferdinand has spoken to friends about his anger at being left out of the England squad for Euro 2012. Photograph: Andrew Yates/AFP/Getty Images

Roy Hodgson was under mounting pressure to justify the omission of Rio Ferdinand from his England squad after the Manchester United central defender told friends he considered the decision to be "morally very suspect" and fears increased about its capacity to unsettle the team ahead of Euro 2012.
    Hodgson intensified the furore over Ferdinand's original exclusion when he called up the Liverpool full-back Martin Kelly to replace the centre-half Gary Cahill, who fractured his jaw in the friendly win against Belgium at Wembley on Saturday.
    The manager has apparently not telephoned Ferdinand to explain why he has continued to overlook him and no one from the Football Association has been in contact, either, or would comment on the situation on Monday.
    The official line at the outset was that Hodgson omitted Ferdinand for football reasons and it was his decision alone. The FA was unable to comment further on Monday. But Ferdinand is convinced that he has been marginalised because of the accusation of racism that his brother, Anton, made against John Terry, the Chelsea captain, who has been named by Hodgson in the squad. Terry has strongly protested his innocence and he will defend himself at Westminster magistrates court on 9 July.
    Hodgson said at the time of the squad announcement that he had spoken to Terry and Ferdinand, saying: "I selected John Terry for footballing reasons and I left out Rio Ferdinand for footballing reasons. I've spoken to both of them of course. I had to do that. He [Ferdinand] was obviously disappointed. I'd be surprised had he not been. He was very gracious and he wished myself and the team the very best of luck in the tournament."
    Ferdinand, 33, was furious to learn of his latest snub. Kelly has two minutes of full international experience while Phil Jones, another of the squad's defenders, is effectively Ferdinand's understudy at United. The suggestion that Kelly can also provide cover at centre‑half has not gone down well in the Ferdinand camp.
    There were, though, voices in Hodgson's defence. The former England winger John Barnes said: "Everyone's international career comes to an end, it's not a question of being disrespectful in leaving someone out. I had 79 caps and I was left out because my time was over. You have to back the manager."
    The Guardian's David Pleat agreed. "Nobody has a divine right to play in the side," he said. "I think it's for footballing reasons and Roy has got four players now who can cover at centre‑back. I think a right‑footer and a left‑footer in Terry and [Joleon] Lescott is a decent combination."
    Ferdinand believes that Terry's upcoming trial and the issue of race is the real reason for his being sidelined and he feels badly let down not only by the FA but by Hodgson. A source close to Ferdinand told the Guardian that the player, capped 81 times, felt Hodgson's decision was "disgraceful and morally very suspect" while the source added that Ferdinand had asked "… at what point am I considered for a call-up? Is it when you get down to the Ryman League?"
    The reignited issue threatens to overshadow England's preparations and it raises the prospect of the squad's black players being placed in uncomfortable situations. "Rio is very angry and he feels that every black player in Britain, every black fan and everyone in the black community has been insulted by this," the source said.
    Jason Roberts, the Reading striker and anti-racism campaigner, tweeted that "Keeping up this 'Football Reasons' line where @rioferdy5 [Ferdinand] is concerned is really insulting people's intelligence now. This season has been amazing for so many reasons but it has also been a season of shame which has put us back 30 years. After what previous generations have endured, for us not to speak up on what we know is true … they must be ashamed of us."
    Hodgson is not scheduled to speak publicly until Thursday in Krakow.
    Last edited by Paul Marin; June 5, 2012, 12:07 AM.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

"Rio is very angry and he feels that every black player in Britain, every black fan and everyone in the black community has been insulted by this," the source said.

PM .... yuh need fi calm down. How many articles you've read that quotes some unnamed source? Unless Rio comes out and confirm he said so .. you cannot take that quote seriously. The unnamed source could be you.

I for one didn't want Rio going to the Euros. He has a bigger team to play for come August. However, of all those defenders picked, who had a better season than Rio? Wait ... of ALL the defenders in the EPL, who had a better season than Rio? Vincent Kompany? Okay ... but at least Kompany had steel tackling in the midfield ... De Jong, Barry and Toure. Rio only had Carrick tackling in midfield.

No matter how people twist it ... Rio was axed because of the issue with Terry. Simply put a ni@@a should keep quiet.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I have to agree with Lazie on this, and Rio was penalized due to the alledged bigoted behavior of John Terry. I don't expect much from Terry & the overhyped England team at the Euros anyway.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        "Rio is very angry and he feels that every black player in Britain, every black fan and everyone in the black community has been insulted by this," the source said.

PM .... yuh need fi calm down. How many articles you've read that quotes some unnamed source? Unless Rio comes out and confirm he said so .. you cannot take that quote seriously. The unnamed source could be you.

I for one didn't want Rio going to the Euros. He has a bigger team to play for come August. However, of all those defenders picked, who had a better season than Rio? Wait ... of ALL the defenders in the EPL, who had a better season than Rio? Vincent Kompany? Okay ... but at least Kompany had steel tackling in the midfield ... De Jong, Barry and Toure. Rio only had Carrick tackling in midfield.

No matter how people twist it ... Rio was axed because of the issue with Terry. Simply put a ni@@a should keep quiet.
        You know, you were making *some* sense (you never make total sense, even Jangle surprise me every now and again) up until the last sentence. I can't believe anyone who has been watching the game for as many years would believe that statement. Now, I don't dispute that the issue with Terry might be a factor, nor am I so naive to think that racism exists, but Rio is a divisive character not unlike Terry and he is more likely to go on like an ass than Terry. From the time him decide not to take the drugs test I knew he was a reprobate. As I see it - you may think differently - he is not as respected in the England framework as he should be and this latest can only hurt him. At some point, we have to realize that playing the race card is counter productive and doesn't help the cause. It is like crying wolf. These guys have ZERO evidence of racism, but are attributing the decision of the manager to skin colour when there are several players in the side who are black. Weak argument from a bitter man. But ah so slurgie grow dem. ~Sad.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
          Rio was penalized due to the alledged bigoted behavior of John Terry.
          What basis and evidence do you have to say this? Give me facts, not speculation.

Comment

The fact is all a England know that there is no way you could have Terry and Rio in the same defense. One had to stay home because Rio supported his brother 100%.

Them a play hypocrite pon the man. Gwaan defend yourself and your brother Rio. Don't give it up. There is no footballing reason why you couldn't make that team. Look Rooney is going to miss two games yet they took him, and they saying you couldn't sit out a game if needed?

I can understand there would be problem in the camp if both Rio and Terry was there but you need to talk the thing straight Mr. Hodgson and the FA.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
              You know, you were making *some* sense (you never make total sense, even Jangle surprise me every now and again) up until the last sentence. I can't believe anyone who has been watching the game for as many years would believe that statement. Now, I don't dispute that the issue with Terry might be a factor, nor am I so naive to think that racism exists, but Rio is a divisive character not unlike Terry and he is more likely to go on like an ass than Terry. From the time him decide not to take the drugs test I knew he was a reprobate. As I see it - you may think differently - he is not as respected in the England framework as he should be and this latest can only hurt him. At some point, we have to realize that playing the race card is counter productive and doesn't help the cause. It is like crying wolf. These guys have ZERO evidence of racism, but are attributing the decision of the manager to skin colour when there are several players in the side who are black. Weak argument from a bitter man. But ah so slurgie grow dem. ~Sad.
              Did Fergie grow JAson Roberts as well?

Jason Roberts, the Reading striker and anti-racism campaigner, tweeted that "Keeping up this 'Football Reasons' line where @rioferdy5 [Ferdinand] is concerned is really insulting people's intelligence now. This season has been amazing for so many reasons but it has also been a season of shame which has put us back 30 years. After what previous generations have endured, for us not to speak up on what we know is true … they must be ashamed of us."

Bringing up the missed drug test has nothing to do with the issue. You always throw in smoke screens. Stick to the topic for a change nuh?
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                What basis and evidence do you have to say this? Give me facts, not speculation.

Wasn't there an article recently that Roy wouldn't bring both players to the Euros? If its not for the Terry incident ... what then? Again .. based on this season ... no defender in this England team had a better season than Rio.

Sweet me still. Rio can rest up for the start of the season. By the time Rooney fi play ... hopefully England will be out.

Comment

Paul I am surprised and a little disappointed in you to see that you are making an argument over this article. You should know better that these English newspaper are the very best at fabricating non-newsworthy news to sell their papers. They usually make tish up then finish with "un-named source". As Mr. President said, I am glad that Rio did not make the cut as he has a more important team to play for come August. Him need fi just cool him foot and enjoy him likkle holiday because pre-season training soon start.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Rio more devise than Terry? What can be more devise than sleeping with your teammate wife??? Plus if the Anton Ferdinad thing is true it would prove that Terry is classless.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      Rio more devise than Terry? What can be more devise than sleeping with your teammate wife??? Plus if the Anton Ferdinad thing is true it would prove that Terry is classless.
                      Please you have to understand PM. As long as its a MU player he has nothing good to say.

Comment

Even Van De Vaart have to admit.

"It surprised me because I think he's still one of the best defenders in England, and maybe in the world. " (Van De Vaart).

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7796407/

Comment

Wow Paul, it is clear as day that you are ducking the obvious truth, for whatever reason...only you can decide! England has long had a racism problem and this latest one is no different. First of all, John Terry should not even be in the EURO squad based on the allegations against him. However, they postponed his trial so he could play in the tournament WHILE they speedily convicted Suarez and slapped him with an 8 game ban. In addition, Rio clearly had a better season than Terry but when it came down to a choice between the two, England chose the man making a comedy of errors with a questionable character. They punished Rio for standing up for his brother, and further embarassed him by replacing a 9 cap central defender(Cahill) with a young unproven inexperienced wing back(Kelly) who does not even start for his 6th placed team Liverpool. Well, though I'm not a Rio fan, I'm with him on this one that every black person should also feel insulted by England's latest stance against him. I still don't forget 1986 world Cup when they chose Chris Waddle of the general Johnny Barnes. It is full time we stand up and confront, rather than being timid and fade in the background! Big up Rio, show dem up yes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                            Wasn't there an article recently that Roy wouldn't bring both players to the Euros? If its not for the Terry incident ... what then? Again .. based on this season ... no defender in this England team had a better season than Rio.

Sweet me still. Rio can rest up for the start of the season. By the time Rooney fi play ... hopefully England will be out.
                            I don't know what the reason is - but how can you say it's racism?

Comment

Originally posted by Sensi View Post
                              Wow Paul, it is clear as day that you are ducking the obvious truth, for whatever reason...only you can decide! England has long had a racism problem and this latest one is no different. First of all, John Terry should not even be in the EURO squad based on the allegations against him. However, they postponed his trial so he could play in the tournament WHILE they speedily convicted Suarez and slapped him with an 8 game ban. In addition, Rio clearly had a better season than Terry but when it came down to a choice between the two, England chose the man making a comedy of errors with a questionable character. They punished Rio for standing up for his brother, and further embarassed him by replacing a 9 cap central defender(Cahill) with a young unproven inexperienced wing back(Kelly) who does not even start for his 6th placed team Liverpool. Well, though I'm not a Rio fan, I'm with him on this one that every black person should also feel insulted by England's latest stance against him. I still don't forget 1986 world Cup when they chose Chris Waddle of the general Johnny Barnes. It is full time we stand up and confront, rather than being timid and fade in the background! Big up Rio, show dem up yes!!!
                              Sensi - I am the first to decry racism. My problem is that you can't chalk every decision against black people up to it without evidence. Where is the evidence that the decision is racially motivated?

Comment

Working...
                              X