MVP - Rspl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVP - Rspl

Tell me something, how is it that the MVP of the Rspl who scored 10 goals and said he assisted in many goals not even a consideration for a look into the team, if MC assisted in say 8 goals, don't know for sure because we don't count that valuable stat, but if he did then he would have 18 goal producing events over 37 maximum games so he is very productive, probably the most productive player in the Rspl which is why he won the MVP, but he can't get a look into the side?

Let me think typically the MVP is the best player, so he should be 1st called, up, ok, maybe 2nd, maybe not at all!! Don't know what the call up record look like but this guy worked hard and got the results where is the prize selection for even a run to see if he can compete at the next level.

Sorry this us about Michael campbell of boys town who won the MVP for the Rspl.

Comment

Some man is local league baller (Roen Nelson, Danny Shaw, Gerald Neil, Jonathan Williams, Kevin Deer etc)

Comment

When Lennie Hyde was nearly 40 he could and about 250 pound he still hold up the ball and make a good shot in the NPL. S you say Reon Nelson is a good example.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Does that mean our Rspl is a total waste of time. If the MVP can't even get a courtesy invite to a soft international game shows that there is no real continuityin the system and the selection system is an arbitrary process of who feels who is good even though there is no real measurement of the tangibles, like speed, strength etc.

Comment

You sure it's not cricket you're talking about?? very WICBish...
            Peter R

Comment

That is why I said any decent footballer we have should finish playing RPL by age 21. Too many bad habits. It is a good league for younger players to test their skills in but there are some players who can make it in that league that couldn't play international games. To be fair it is only unique to the RPL.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It means the coach can watch the players in that league and select who he thinks fits his system of play.

Because a player scores the most goals in a league doesn't mean he is going to be invited to the National team because other aspects of his game may not be suited to the Intl level.

Comment

Your thinking & process are far too linear.... a decision tree is needed not just stats

Is the guy a forward? I suspect he is... Jamaica has a ton of available and capable forwards...ergo his chances are lessened

Were he a central midfielder he would perhaps have a better shot... we appear short in that department
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                    Your thinking & process are far too linear.... a decision tree is needed not just stats

Is the guy a forward? I suspect he is... Jamaica has a ton of available and capable forwards...ergo his chances are lessened

Were he a central midfielder he would perhaps have a better shot... we appear short in that department
                    If production is the name of the game...wi short innah di forward department tuh!!!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

ok... it's also an issue of relativity
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

if we even short a forward and we pick a man that is less then we a go become
                        shorter or "Shorty" . No diss to the orginal Shorty Malcolm.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                          ok... it's also an issue of relativity
                          A 'ear yuh!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            if we even short a forward and we pick a man that is less then we a go become
                            shorter or "Shorty" . No diss to the orginal Shorty Malcolm.
                            I think this particlar man should have been in the squad. I hear he is 32 or thereabouts but 'fast like Bolt', has a thunderous shot and his record speaks for itself. ...seeing he is alive, I think it fair that he gets a shot towards discovering if he is a quick learner of his/our 'wonderful' coach's teaching(s) and thus would be 'great' for TEAM Reggae Boyz!!!

Right?

Comment

Midfielder and captain.

Comment

Working...
                              X