No announcement yet.

Marlon King dropped from World Cup qualifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the fact is you are jumping the gun without any information.

Player sometimes are carrying slight injuries which are not published and coach may use them off the bench or coach may choose to rest them.

Humphrey also have things to learn about his new team so what if he sees how the team is playing. Brethren you are making some big judgment call without any info to back it up. I agree it is sad that Humphrey didn't get his chance but Humphrey also have the responsiblity to himself and his new team.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Why this man

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
      I don't even want to hear King's side of the story, this is a youth that have been given chance after chance,how many chances does he need?He has no respect authority or himself and if it was my decision he would not win another cap for Jamaica.As for Chris Humphrey he deserves a second chance because it's his first offense. Me done talk!!
      This is not a youth. This is a man and he was brought in to do a man's job. So far those in leadership do not get the fact that he can't do the job correctly.

"When I became a man I put away childish things". I've heard that somewhere before.

It goes beyond this King character. Tappa did the right thing and is getting bad mouthed because he had to put a stop to this guys poor decisions for Jamaica when others just want to see this guy score goals at the "International Level".

Comment

I don't know why you assume that Humphrey is not in Tappa's plans. Having said that, do you think Humphrey deserve a start on the right over Dane Richards? If so, on what basis....because he had a good season with his club side?
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Remember Dane hasn't played for the Reggaeboyz in more than a year as well so Tappa also had to look a him too. How many games did Dane start?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

LOL... ah nuh evvyting yuh haffi tek serious bredrin
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Playing for club I give Humphrey the nod. However Dane is proven at this level do unless Humphrey did something special I didnt expect him to start but that's the point. We didn't get a chance to see. Don't you think that a player like Humphrey should get at least half of a game to prove his worth? And if we don't think he is that good or we don't have enough friendlies to give him a proper chance then why invite him at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by Plush View Post
                Playing for club I give Humphrey the nod. However Dane is proven at this level do unless Humphrey did something special I didnt expect him to start but that's the point. We didn't get a chance to see. Don't you think that a player like Humphrey should get at least half of a game to prove his worth? And if we don't think he is that good or we don't have enough friendlies to give him a proper chance then why invite him at this point?
                Why invite him???...So he can soak up the vibes... Jamaica is quite special in that regard... it takes getting accustomed to
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

So how else is the coach going to assess him...Youtube?
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Let Plush gwaan talk. JFF invited Humphrey last year and he didn't have his passport at that time and I think he was also injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Pbanta View Post
                      This is not a youth. This is a man and he was brought in to do a man's job. So far those in leadership do not get the fact that he can't do the job correctly.

"When I became a man I put away childish things". I've heard that somewhere before.

It goes beyond this King character. Tappa did the right thing and is getting bad mouthed because he had to put a stop to this guys poor decisions for Jamaica when others just want to see this guy score goals at the "International Level".
                      Agreed!
                      Tappa acted correctly.

...he (Tappa) is behind the 8 ball already...cannot afford to slow creation of TEAM! Discipline is huge part of arriving at and maintaining good TEAM performance(s).
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Story now on BBC:

Marlon King & Chris Humphrey axed by Jamaica for curfew breach
                        "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                        - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Plush View Post
                          Never said Tappa is badmind or anything. I do think that Tappa prefers to use locals over the Foreign based balers...THat's a preference for him and nothing to do with badmind....and to some extent, I can understand why.. He can exert much more control over the local players because he has them in camp more often and longer, they are probably more hungry for the opportunity so they will most likely follow instructions without questioning......I would argue that local guys are much easier to manage for Tappa than the likese of King and Humphrey..nothing about badmind but more about what works better for Tappa
                          Let us take for granted he is good at explaining how he wishes his TEAM to play...then control just has to do with his discipline.

Any player who ignores his wishes - just drop that player. No raised voice, etc. just fiyah di player. Pretty soon all players realise he is not to be trifled with... Matters not if local or foreign!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

From this I take it that they will be missing the first two games?

Coach Theodore Whitmore chose to exclude the duo from the team's opening two World Cup qualifiers against Guatemala and Antigua & Barbuda.
                            "This is consistent with the coach's zero-tolerance approach for acts of indiscipline," the Jamaican FA said.
                            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Curfew after the game when the next game is nearly a week away?. Sounds like damn foolishness to me. Expect these self-inflected wounds throughout the entire qualifying rounds. Lack of good management/coaching will keep us away from Brazil, just as much as poor on-field performance will.

Comment

I can't disagree with you X. After watching the team in the Gold Cup, and their poor overall perfromance, winning some games not withstanding, I have come to the same conclusion. This team will not perfrom against credible oponents under the current coach. They look like a bunch of jokers. Don't get me wrong, I think he is really trying and means well, but at this level, it requires more than just goodwill.

Comment

Working...
                                X