No announcement yet.

Marlon King dropped from World Cup qualifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear you guys but I will tell you this, these are adults who have a life we are talking about. These are not young kids at boot camp. How long are these guys in camp now? Yes rules are rules and they should be followed but make sure when you are seeting them you use common sense.
    I understand the view on Marlon King since he is a repeat offender but a grown adult should be allowed a day to himself after a game...Think, they are going back to JA for a one week camp before the qualifer...This means for another week they should stay in camp without a break..We all have our days off for eg me, I have wkds to relax and do what I want to do..I expect that these guys will want the same as well because pretty soon, they will be back in preseason for their clubs...We have to be fair, balance and rational in what we ask of players......This is why I say I can't rush to a conclusion because I don't know the details

Comment

Never said Tappa is badmind or anything. I do think that Tappa prefers to use locals over the Foreign based balers...THat's a preference for him and nothing to do with badmind....and to some extent, I can understand why.. He can exert much more control over the local players because he has them in camp more often and longer, they are probably more hungry for the opportunity so they will most likely follow instructions without questioning......I would argue that local guys are much easier to manage for Tappa than the likese of King and Humphrey..nothing about badmind but more about what works better for Tappa

Comment

Re your point about having days off from camp - How do you know that they don't get some free time? It's hard to imagine that the organisers would have 20-odd big men lock up in a hotel 24/7. Even the coaches need some time off. The rest of the players made it back in time right? A curfew in a foreign country is not only about having control but also about players safety.

Re your point about foreign ballers vs our locals. Tappa may indeed prefer "some" of our local ballers over the foreignones, especially if he doesn't see the commitment or anything better than what we have. Afterall, the team he used in the GC was mainly local and they did look good until they faced the USA. As I said then, that loss was down to straight tactical weakness on Tappa's part. If he can get that core team back to that level and frame of mind, with a few tweaks, then we can make a good show of ourselves.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

If the man knows what the rules are and broke them, then he should have to pay the price. You have other grown man in the squad and they were able to abide by the rules. On top of that, mi nuh know how a married man always a look for "visitor".

Comment

Fine the man dem for that type of infraction...I am of the opinion that this just a way to trim the squad, a quite sinister way to go about it.

Comment

First! Is this a local or foreign thing. Because as far as I know discipline is discipline as far as rules are concerned. So for all the idiots saying bad things about Tappa. You are probably the first ones who talk about the Reggae Boys having no discipline. Especially after they lose a match.
              Here's a fact: since October 2008 Tappa has played World Cup qualifiers, the Gold Cup and friendlies and won and loss all without King and Humphrey and other top Reggae Boyz. This he has done since he first introduce discipline from his Seba days as coach and player.
              The last time I checked too: Jamaica's Reggae Boyz beat Guatemala in their last 3 games without King and Humphrey. A team who has never beaten Jamaica since 1998.
              Plus if Marlon King and Chris Humphrey can understand why they are being punished. Why can't you???

Comment

Those are the rules and the man them break it. They broke the rules. Tappa didn't force them to break it.

Comment

Taking the players to a dance after a game to drink Guinness is called discipline?

Comment

Do you mean by Tappa? If so, what's wrong with that? That's called bonding. If going to a dance and drinking 2 bottles of Guinness was part of the Englis culture, then Sir Alex Ferguson would carry his team to one instead of going to Scotland to play golf.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I feel it for Humpfrey because he wasnt given much chance to prove himself in the last 3 friendlies. I watched the guy against Celties and he played very well and was one of the bright sparks for Motherwll. After having the option to play for Scotland, he chose Jamaica and wasn't given a fair chance out on the pitch....I'm not one that is always calling for English based pros becuase I do think that the team perfomed reasonably well at the Gold Cup without them. However, there is no justification in calling up a guy to fly thousand of miles, not giving him a fair chance, then suspend him for breaking "Curfew after a game". Not a fine, not a one game ban. Watch the ride, Humphrey won't be called again by Tappa in the near future...Incidents like these are what will make top players not want to come represent Jamaica...With this foolishness I wouldn't. Tappa and crew must have watched Humphrey in a lot of games and if they didn't think he fits what they are looking for then why bother call him in the first place...waste of time..By the way, we are still yet to hear from the players...Who said they accept the suspension, the paper? Could they have rejected it? Laughable at best..We all know how bad the reporting is in Jamaica

Comment

That is the reason he gets no respect...you cannot be "buddies" with your charges or they will attempt to take certain liberties with you...any manager worth his salt knows that...

Comment

Did he perform as well in our training sessions as he does playing for his club team to warrant being selected? The fact is, you nor I don't know. I am one who curse and question Tappa's inefficiencies and effectiveness as an international coach, but I am not going to go too hard at him when players whom I think should be selected are not. My problem with Tappa is that I don't see the team playing with a style or a plan and he is tactically weak.

Comment

You are jumping the gun again. It seems like some of these players were carrying slight knocks and were coming of long seasons and Tappa wanted to give them some time to recover.

What use would it be, to play him for 90 if Humphrey is injured? I am impressed with his minutes on the pitch and he would compete with Dane for that winger position. Guatamala game is not the only game, we have others and we need all the players. Are you sure Humphrey wasn't going to start in the next game?????

So because Tappa don't like him, him find a way to send him home????
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Jangle, you know based on what you are saying Humphrey really doesn't have a chance then...Tappa should know how he wants his team to play and invite players who can fit in it. Practice games are to test players in yor setup..And what is the point of having Humpphrey around and not giving him a chance...I read the previous match reports and saw where he was given a good rate for his substitute appearance in the may 27th game. This is where I think Tappa might have been forced to call humphrey and didn't really want him around.
                              That said, I like the new additions to the team.

Comment

Was there any reports of Humphrey being injured? Didnt we see Mariappa and Nosworthy start games and rested when they were injured? ANd if Injured and Tappa prefres the likes of Richards and others, why not have the guy rest on this period vs. a two game suspenion for discipline. It would be good to know if Tappa is having these discussions with players to let them know if they are in his plans..I certainly hope he is having these one v one discussions as part of player management........I will be in the stadium on Friday so I sure hope all this will be behind the team by then and they will give a good account of themselves

Comment

Working...
                                X