No announcement yet.

Basic Match thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jangle that was not a lucky goal, if anything just the opposite, a goal as a result of pure determination and fight.

Comment

More on that I have seen many a goal scored just on pure will, that was sheer richards will power, I personally could not believe he really was attempting to out jump this guy who was a least five or so inches taller from what I was seeing, at the very least definitely taller, my youth not only chase down the ball, but beat the man to the ball and got some part of his head on that, sheer sticktoitness that, my kind of player, never give up, give them hell, RICHARDS IS SOMETHING ELSE. NO THAT WAS AS PURE A GOAL OF SHEER DETERMINATION AS ANY THAT YOU WILL EVER SEE FROM MY BOOKS.

Comment

X I really have no irons in the fire bredrin, all I want is a Jamaican team that can compete at the highest levels, some might say is too much to ask for, but we can do it, we have the athletes, we have the competitiveness, we have the measurement culture in other sports just need to apply it in football and then build the system on a pure meritocracy, no favouritism, just seek the best and spread the knowledge. Is that so hard? Yes it is hard, but it can be done.

Rome was not built in a day? It was founded they say in 750 bc, and reached its zenith most say between 100 to 200 ad, thus it took close to a 1000 years, and fell in less than 100 years some would say It fell in one day in 476, truth is it was on its way down starting in about 200 ad, but bottom line is it is easier to destroy than it is to create, world trade center took 25 years from concept to realization when first tenants started there in late 1970, it took what a few hours to destroy it. Again it is easier to destroy and also to keep going sideways forever than it is to really build something of permanence and value.

Our task is how can we help build a football culture that has permanence and will consistently compete into the future, very tough to do. Look at brazil, Germany, Italy and for our size look at Uruguay, amazing achievement.

Comment

Why I say it's a lucky goal, is because the opportunity came from a giveaway by the Panamanian defense rather from a Jamaican buildup. I agree that the result, the goal, was through Richard's determination. However, against better teams we may not be so lucky.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

yes, understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambassadah View Post
              Hail Sass. Good choices. My team is similar:

GK D. Ricketts

Defense
              RB L. Palmer (J. Taylor after ban) CB Nuggsy CB Mapps LB N. Smith

Midfield

C. Humphrey R. Johnson R. Austin D. Phillips

R. Fuller M. King

Subs
              J. Watson
              D. Mattocks
              S. Peas
              C. Davis
              O. Daley
              O. Cummings
              L. Shelton
              Etc ETc
              I like your team, but Richards would start over Humphrey for me. This should be close to our starting lineup. But i suspect Virgo will start at RB. Philips will be at LB if Smith still injured. if Smith ready, then it will be your team with Richards and Virgo.

Comment

I think Jermaine Taylor will be badly exposed when we play the #1 seed in our group...and if we advance he shall be more and more shown up as we meet, as we must, faster (better) opponents.

Looking at Jermaine I think he is too slow for TOP OF THE WORLD!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl, why do you think jt is slow, all indications are that he is probably our fastest player over Last ten years in the center back position, even though he is not playing that now.

Comment

"speed over ground" .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I use to think he was slow too. Not until I saw him playing wingback for Houston I realise that Taylor have good speed.

Playing center back you don't always have to use speed unless you Claude or Stew Peas. Look at how most of the great ones play it. Read the game and wait on the ball.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

this is true, at centre half it is mostly about reading the game and getting into position early. i am yet to see any jamaican defender of the calibre of tatty ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                          Karl, why do you think jt is slow, all indications are that he is probably our fastest player over Last ten years in the center back position, even though he is not playing that now.

I often see opponents running by him! ...and for that matter Shavar! Stonigut I am not in the least interested in matches played against the 2nd and third formers...in CONCACAF just Costa Rica, Honduras, USA and Mexico.

How we perform against the USA and Mexico give 'good idea' on how we shall do against the top FIFA rate 25...and the top African and Middle Eastern countries. ...and that is where my interest lie.

Not just visiting at the World Cup but attending and creating waves. Our players have brain (sense), nuh true? ...so if our administrators and teachers are competent...why not matching the big boys?

Fact: So far our administrators are not having our team in that "8 year preparation mode" continuously=perpetually, as per the TOP OF THE WORLD TEAMs, good!

So wah...dem=fi wi administrators, a ediat?

Fact: So far our teachers (coaches) are not going for a teams (age-group through national senior teams) with always 11 on field fast players - physical movement and quick good decision makers.

So wah...wi nuh ave player dem dat fast an su-mart?
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            I use to think he was slow too. Not until I saw him playing wingback for Houston I realise that Taylor have good speed.

Playing center back you don't always have to use speed unless you Claude or Stew Peas. Look at how most of the great ones play it. Read the game and wait on the ball.
                            You do not understand or you would not say that!!!

You have to be fast! ...you only have to be outrun to be a goal down! Can any team afford to give away goals? ...can any team afford slow players?

That does not in any way mean you do not have to go with Taylor or any other player if he is/they are the best you have! One cannot 'do' better than going with your best...right?

Comment

Working...
                            X