Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Match thoughts

Starting 11

Trying to still understand why start Stewart and Davis in your final game before the first qualifying game that is within a week. We have all seen both of those guys over many years and know exactly what they are, they haven,t added any new skills and you have nosworthy and mariappa on the bench both proven contributors more consistently at a higher level recently and both playing at the same championship club that competed so well in the championship and players that are wanted by current Epl teams. Instant chemistry and better quality by just putting their names on the starting 11, again this topic of choosing the side, we seem to be still in the 'fren' business, just saying it look like that to me.

Love the effort to include Rohan Reid but why start him, let him impress us by coming on in 2nd half and wowing us and us then saying this youth is wicked, him comfortable, him confident, give him a start, let him get chance to build up to cementing his place. Same thing with Virgo, build them up, let them develop a natural rhythm of getting used to the big moment and making their name for them To start the game.

Loved the first half, pressuring the ball, panama couldn't breathe, could not move the ball, defense was the weak point first goal was lucky strike, against the run of play. Second half was a different story! Seemed to lose impetus, lapse of concentration!!! Dare I say match fitness, panama seemed to come alive in 2nd half, match fitness and stamina better not be the issue why we lose a game.
    Ricketts made two questionable plays with kicking the ball, that is what I call bad habits that will come back and bite you at the worst times, I have noticed these strange unusual decisions he sometimes makes with the ball in unusual situations. I guess we got lucky as well last night as panama struggled first half and figured out our rubix cube in the second and punished us with some sweet and fast counters that had our defense scrambling, no! actually scrambling means they had a response, there was little response,guys were being left in the wake of the panama speedy forwards on the rapid counters again this issue of speed and again this issue of complacency, we had possibly the best And swiftest central defense combo on the bench with known deficiencies on the field in our last practice match against legitimate opposition.

Dane Richards look like the real deal out there creating havoc and mayhem, also liked Watson seemed intense and ready to bring the goods out For full display.

Fulle was good In spots but his time has come and gone time to move forward, seriously!! Get king out there from the get go lets see if he is serious about doing this,he ain't no baby, he is the best we have on paper, put that Ferrari out there and drive the hell out of it to see what the hell it can do, no the man warming the bench with 16 goals and 10 assists in the championship, what is he doing on the bench.
    Love what shelton bings in pace but I think I am finally coming around to the fact that he makes poor decisions and has poor control, witness one play where he got away all by himself on wing, what does he do, waste it totally with an ineffective cross to nobody.
    Another unusual decision why bring humphreys here and only give him a ten minute run, get these pros on the field and see what they really bring to the table, now we have an incomplete current analysis of king, nosworthy, mariappa and humphreys four players that can make a consistent difference if they can fit in to the scheme.

So here we go to a guat team that has stepped up playing quality opposition better than ever and our real starting 11 has not ever seen the field together.

Real starting 11, stack it how you want!

Ricketts in goal.

Defense
    Taylor, mariappa, nosworthy, Lovel Palmer! Loaded with leadership and faster that any combination back four we have ever seen in last 30 years.

Mids
    Watson, Richards, Austin, Phillips needs jobi mcanuff badly

Forwards
    King and cummings, Johnson off the bench , mattocks is the one we should be looking at to groom he shows a calmness and at the same time an instinct for attack and finishing unlike any yard man I have ever seen before. Early days yet, long way to go.
    Last edited by Stonigut; June 2, 2012, 07:15 AM.

The positives from last night was the midfield, i thought Austin, Reid and Watson
    played well they worked really hard and passed the ball better than the previous game. Negatives, the back four was all over the place. The 2 center backs the least said the better. Phillips is not a left back in a million years, he is better as a wing back in a 3-5-2 formation or as a left winger in a 4-4-2. Virgo has got potential but not ready for this level, his passing is poor and he doesn't support the attack at all when he has space infront of him.

Comment

Fuller must set im record 6-60, then we crash out and Tappa can blame the players.

Tappa xclude Hue to his downfall, commonsense would say get a group of at least 5 home grown players and play them into your system/philosophy.Our weakest position is midfied ,so bringing that midfield together and working it into a cohesive unit is a no brainer.Tappa waste the JFF money.

K.Daley our hope was an indication of how Tappa blew it , as good as he is , still young and green , to groom him into a WC campaign without an obvious understudy (Hue) is madness.

Tappa should be sacked.

It says alot when he leans on Fuller and Shelton , Fuller 6-56 and Shelton pads his goal ratio against Bahamas and Caymans to decieve novices (Tappa) that he is the real deal to be trusted with goal scoring duties ?

A man who puts the ball in the back of the net in Argentinia on their soil and stars in a GC is benched ?Richards another star of the GC is benched, The King of our goal scoring campaign in our last qualifier is benched? only desperation on Tappas part will see then strating anygame.

Blame is players ? No , Blame the coach yes ! His tactical philosophy is erractic, one game is ball control , the next its chicken without heads .

Scak him now....i dont blame Fuller & Shelton , dem nuh pick demself.I use them as examples of Tappas tactical immaturity
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The only thing I can say is Tappa must be resting the Top league players or they are slightly injured because you can't start Stew Pease and Claude. Both depend too much on speed and bruteforce. They totally chand both changed the calmness in defense, both boot out the ball, both loose concentration.

Put Ryan Johnson in the midfield.

MY team again
        J. Taylor/Virgo for right back. Mapp and Nugsby in the Center and Nathan Smith on the left back.

Rudy or J. Taylor as defensive mid /Ryan Johnson/demar/Dane Richards or Humbrey.

Start King and Fuller. Shelton must be on the bench as a Winger and nothing else. Omar Cummings can come on. Mattocks should be on the bench. We need this young man before the end of the year if his development continue. He is very good at splitting the line. He is fast, pull play to him and on like Shelton he can pass it away. He has has unbelievable swag and calm about him on the field.

Sorry this is our last game. hopefull we can beat Guatamala and then build from therir.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Question: If you fire Tappa, who will JFF get to replace him at the price JFF can afford?

Comment

Hail Sass. Good choices. My team is similar:

GK D. Ricketts

Defense
            RB L. Palmer (J. Taylor after ban) CB Nuggsy CB Mapps LB N. Smith

Midfield

C. Humphrey R. Johnson R. Austin D. Phillips

R. Fuller M. King

Subs
            J. Watson
            D. Mattocks
            S. Peas
            C. Davis
            O. Daley
            O. Cummings
            L. Shelton
            Etc ETc

Comment

Firing Tappa is not the solution, but clearly there seems to be too much input and arbitrary deliberation in who should be in the side.

The identification and selection process shows an erratic pattern of movement. It is unstructured and does not seem to factor in hard performance as a key indicator, how else can you justify bringing in forwards like a jorghino James or a lynch or a number of players who have not scored more that three goals in an Rspl season, if that is the top league in the land then we must reward an create an incentive structure that the best performer in that league get a shot at the little practice matches like versus Cuba etc and if they show us proud there, you get another chance elsewhere, but the structure seems unsound and is not a meritocracy at all. The friend business must be severed at the root, even the appearance of bias is an issue, where are the country players that have had a shot on the team.

I see a guy like Roberto fletcher has scored 9 goals for Highgate, even a team like Highgate to have made it and competed well in the Rspl is a tremendous story and says there must Be something unusual happening there at least let's give that youth a shot, I don't know nothing about fletcher, he may turn out to be a 35 year old player who got a lot of luck on his side, but he may also be a 23 yo with 10.5 speed with excellent control, bottom line is we are not seeing the talent across the league getting a shot based on performance and we are not seeing the right players being chosen for national duty based on performance, how else do you justify keamar Daley on the squad while jermaine johnson is not, Johnson scored 4 goals and had three assists over 24 games and was a part of a team that earned promotion to The championship, that is significant, versus a youth who could not hack it at this point in his career in a bottom dweller team in elo1.

That Nuh make no sense at all, meritocracy me say!!!!!!!

Comment

Nathan smith I don't know anything about, I will check that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                  Firing Tappa is not the solution, but clearly there seems to be too much input and arbitrary deliberation in who should be in the side.

The identification and selection process shows an erratic pattern of movement. It is unstructured and does not seem to factor in hard performance as a key indicator, how else can you justify bringing in forwards like a jorghino James or a lynch or a number of players who have not scored more that three goals in an Rspl season, if that is the top league in the land then we must reward an create an incentive structure that the best performer in that league get a shot at the little practice matches like versus Cuba etc and if they show us proud there, you get another chance elsewhere, but the structure seems unsound and is not a meritocracy at all. The friend business must be severed at the root, even the appearance of bias is an issue, where are the country players that have had a shot on the team.

I see a guy like Roberto fletcher has scored 9 goals for Highgate, even a team like Highgate to have made it and competed well in the Rspl is a tremendous story and says there must Be something unusual happening there at least let's give that youth a shot, I don't know nothing about fletcher, he may turn out to be a 35 year old player who got a lot of luck on his side, but he may also be a 23 yo with 10.5 speed with excellent control, bottom line is we are not seeing the talent across the league getting a shot based on performance and we are not seeing the right players being chosen for national duty based on performance, how else do you justify keamar Daley on the squad while jermaine johnson is not, Johnson scored 4 goals and had three assists over 24 games and was a part of a team that earned promotion to The championship, that is significant, versus a youth who could not hack it at this point in his career in a bottom dweller team in elo1.

That Nuh make no sense at all, meritocracy me say!!!!!!!
                  That's why people are panicking, there is no clear plan or evident philosophy. The team changes from game to game in terms of personnel and playing system while all this is happening not a word from the head coach about is intentions instead he sends is assistant to go and face the media.

Comment

Good assesment Stoni, you show an unbiased eye and not ashamed to curb your view if blurred and clearer vision is given to make a better assesment.

Unlike some who stick with clouded visison , even when things have been revealed in a clear day.aahhhmm Jangle.
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Good choices. The only thing I don't like about L.Palmer is he turn the ball back a little too often. Other than that him good.

Gimme a link nuh. hope all is well..
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

If yuh give di opposition time an space on di ball, yuh will get hurt every time so said so done inna di second half. Di goal came from just dat. Defense seem to be lacking some cohesion an communication kah di through ball beat three defendahs close togedah, dat not suppose to happen. Lack of pressure on di ball an dere yuh go, a defense splitting pass. Dis game was played at ah very fast pace and wi jus fell off di pace in di end and it hurt us. Not panicking, mi confident Tappa can an will get it right.

Comment

Bredrin, figget the Jermain Johnson experiment, we have seen that result awready.

U evea see K. Daley play?...this yute have pedigree, he lost his confidence due to a difference in coaching philosophy. He was a regular contributor until the new coach tek ova de side.
                          Tings like this happen even to very good players.. Tappa was rated as world class, but neva played in the premier league.
                          K.Daley should be Ja creative midfielder, period. His problems must be worked out on the pitch.

No other Ja midfielder has his vision, touch, or skill.

Tappa is short sighted and has no short or long term plan for the team. He only has an idea of the players he wants on the field regardless of tactical cohesion and pout when he doesnt get results.

Go back and watch the Honduras game, best game Ja played in the last six yrs. Look at the starting line up and compare it wid de other loser teams Tappa put on the field.
                          Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
                          Mitty

Comment

You know "Teddy" come with a lot of baggage, to say otherwise is not been real.

Now is crunch time, nuff player looking in at the moment Teddy, Khari, L. Palmer, Shavar, J Hue, Bibi, Goodison, The right back at Columbus, and Mattocks(halfway in). However we have strong enough squad where if we put the right players on the field and right strategy and we good. No need to panic now, it is all up to the staff and the players. If we win 3 games and draw one we have the next round and a little time to get it right.

A Brazillian camp now would help too.

Comment

Tek the wood outa your eye before yuh tek the speck outa mine. You and I agree on most things except on Fuller. You are on a Get-Fuller-Mission and is blind to his contribution to the team. Outside of the lucky goal by Richards, Fuller was the only other forward to take a decent shot on the Panama goal, which the goalkeeper had to save. The refs did not give the resulting corner.
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X