Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are in trouble

Observations:
    1. Tappa not ready for the big time. Is it too late to change coach? We will beat Guatemala and Antigua based on our physicality and individual skills, but this team will get at least 5 from USA, 3 from Costa Rica, 2 from Honduras and 7 from Mexico.
    2. The team looks like 11 players thrown together and are playing without a system or a plan.
    3. There is no leader in our midfield. No go-to person.
    4. When Demar Phillips goes forward, there is no cover for his space. That comes down to straight coaching. Demar also saunters back into his position. I saw one play where he followed the winger inside into the central midfield position leaving an opponent behind him.
    5. Claude and Stew Peas are like Abbott and Castello....two jokes.
    6. Luton Shelton is still a headless chicken who can't control a ball. I saw a play where his back was to the defender and their goalkeeper, a wonderful pass was made to him, and his first touch took the ball 10 -15 yards away from the goal. His speed is a threat on the wing, but his decision making and crosses are p!sspoor.
    7. Fuller and King should play together
    8. The defense is reverting to kicking the ball out of the back bypassing the midfield......and 95% of their passes are poor and incomplete.
    9. Tappa needs to go now before it's too late. He is going to start losing the respect of the professionals who are getting higher level of coaching.
    10. This team needs some serious time playing together to avoid embarassing defeats.
    11. The players look uncommitted. Their jobs are not on the line are only giving us (the fans) lip-service.
    12. Dane Richards is the only positive.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Saw the entire game and agree with you Jangle. I do think we have a coaching problem. Mind you, Tappa means well and is trying his best, but he lacks the experience, thus the mediocrity. We are in deep trouble. I hardy think we can get out of group round.

Comment

We should because 2 of the team are weaker than us. Antigua should be a walkover and Guatemala a little harder.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        Observations:
        1. Tappa not ready for the big time. Is it too late to change coach? We will beat Guatemala and Antigua based on our physicality and individual skills, but this team will get at least 5 from USA, 3 from Costa Rica, 2 from Honduras and 7 from Mexico.
        2. The team looks like 11 players thrown together and are playing without a system or a plan.
        3. There is no leader in our midfield. No go-to person.
        4. When Demar Phillips goes forward, there is no cover for his space. That comes down to straight coaching. Demar also saunters back into his position. I saw one play where he followed the winger inside into the central midfield position leaving an opponent behind him.
        5. Claude and Stew Peas are like Abbott and Castello....two jokes.
        6. Luton Shelton is still a headless chicken who can't control a ball. I saw a play where his back was to the defender and their goalkeeper, a wonderful pass was made to him, and his first touch took the ball 10 -15 yards away from the goal. His speed is a threat on the wing, but his decision making and crosses are p!sspoor.
        7. Fuller and King should play together
        8. The defense is reverting to kicking the ball out of the back bypassing the midfield......and 95% of their passes are poor and incomplete.
        9. Tappa needs to go now before it's too late. He is going to start losing the respect of the professionals who are getting higher level of coaching.
        10. This team needs some serious time playing together to avoid embarassing defeats.
        11. The players look uncommitted. Their jobs are not on the line are only giving us (the fans) lip-service.
        12. Dane Richards is the only positive.
        I only caught the last 5 minutes of the game but looking at the highlights Panama had like 10 chances.

Look at the space and time the Panamanians have!

Comment

The defending was comical & amateurish tonight and with Tappa as coach I can not see this team beating Guatemala.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Our defenders, judging by the highlights I saw, look very naive and as you said very amateurish.

Comment

After two years of Tappa, I have never heard him express his coaching philosophy before. Every interview that comes out in the press has him saying that the team is working on its trasitioning from defense into attack or they are working on set pieces or some other BS. There is no insight on what he wants the team to do or how he wants them to play. For years our midfield plays too far apart from our forward line. Hence the over-reliance on our forwards to score. When they don't, then we start to curse them.........O-o-o dem man deh nuh good or Fuller plays to selfishly. Are there good crosses coming in from the wings? Are there good through balls being played in the channels like the one made by the Panamanian midfielder that led to their second goal? We don't need a midfield general if we have two worker bees midfielder who plays the simple passes and move. You either have the ability to score goals or you don't. Fuller and King have it. It is not accident or luck that they lead their club teams up front. They are player better skilled and better coached opponent every week. Give them the credit and put the blame where it should go - the coach.

Comment

I have suggested that Ryan Johnson be placed in midfield because of his work rate and his ability to score. Omar Daley is another option, so is Jermaine Johnson.

Comment

Where is Zeppo when you need him? Does Tappa have coaching certificates? Unnuh can bad up Zeppo but unnuh cyan bad me up

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                    Where is Zeppo when you need him? Does Tappa have coaching certificates? Unnuh can bad up Zeppo but unnuh cyan bad me up
                    Not until Jamaica qualifies for Brazil 2014. Which the Reggae Boyz will. Because the Reggae Boyz loss 2 straight games by the odd goal without a cohesive unit makes you and most of the ites give up hope. Most of your negative output have come from negative emotions and not facts which makes you unable to give a clear and truthful analysis.

Fact: All of the Panamanian players play in Central America, the US or South America. Nuff said.

Fact: This you probably know already about Jamaican footballers play all over the GLOBE. Nuff said again.

Fact: Tappa became coach when Jamaica was ranked #106 and T&T #77. This would have placed Jamaica to play in the Second Round where shockingly T&T got knocked out by Guyana. And you might not know this either; but when Tappa got the job for the last 3 qualifiers where the Reggae Boyz beat Mexico, Honduras and Canada and lost by goal difference to Mexico. It was all Tappa getting the team to play well and getting good results without the help of any Brazilians until the JFF brought them on in the new year.

Fact: Jamaica's Reggae Boyz are still in with a great chance of qualifying for World Cup just like the other teams left in CONCACAF. All with the same fear and anxiety just like us.

So until Jamaica's Reggae Boyz chances of qualifying for World Cup 2014 disappears. So unlike you and your panicky ites I cannot give up. I WON'T GIVE UP!!!!

Comment

Check the archives...mi stop watch Reggae Boyz football long time...mi nuh inna di amateur hour ting...unnuh can gwaan beat unnuh head against a brick wall...when we ready fi get serious call me...did you answer the question? Does Tappa have any coaching certificates?

Comment

Big up fi dem speech deh sah, mi haffi support mi side, win lose or draw. Kyaan give it up, kah ah my side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                          Check the archives...mi stop watch Reggae Boyz football long time...mi nuh inna di amateur hour ting...unnuh can gwaan beat unnuh head against a brick wall...when we ready fi get serious call me...did you answer the question? Does Tappa have any coaching certificates?
                          Is it that important to you whether or not a piece of paper really quarantees you success. I supposed your preferred choice coach has a certificate and could do a better job. Is he a local or foreigner?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
                            Is it that important to you whether or not a piece of paper really quarantees you success. I supposed your preferred choice coach has a certificate and could do a better job. Is he a local or foreigner?
                            Tappa has not been successful...I am trying to determine why...that process has led me to an obvious question...which you all keep deflecting...carry on with the amateur hour...

Comment

So you will be paying $50 US to watch the Reggae Boyz in qualification right? I mean after all you have to support your side

Comment

Working...
                              X