13 days to our next friendly. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 days to our next friendly. . .

and still no word from the JFF as to whether the game is on or not. If they cannot make the call, how do they organize other things to fall in place in time for this match? I mean, I would consider going down to Florida for the match, but you cannot plan anything with such uncertainty.

I am wondering if the technical team (Bora and his crew) can arrange with our top players to be available with such short notice? This is frustrating to say the least!

<TABLE class=tableblueborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bluecolour02><TD class=textblack11px_normallink vAlign=center width="11%"> </TD><TD class=textblack11px_normal vAlign=center align=left width="39%">Jamaica (JAM)</TD><TD vAlign=center align=middle width="3%">:</TD><TD class=textblack11px_normal vAlign=center align=right width="36%">Switzerland (SUI) </TD><TD vAlign=center align=right width="11%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bluecolour02><TD class=organisation-fixtures vAlign=center width="50%"><SPAN class=contentmaintext>Friendly 2007</SPAN></TD><TD class=organisation-fixtures vAlign=top align=right width="50%"><SPAN class=contentmaintext>FORT LAUDERDALE,USA - 22.03.2007 </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=whitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=whitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE class=m18bg02 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="2%"><P class=bottomcontact-text align=left></TD><TD width="96%"><SPAN class=bottomcontact-text>
    </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

RE: 13 days to our next friendly. . .

The word out of the JFF -I made the call yesterday as promised - is discussions are still ongoing. A contract has not yet been signed.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I wonder at what point they are going to consider that it nah goh mek? Do they think they can still do it with a week to go? What about advertising the game and getting fans to attend etc?
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

The problem is that staements from the JFf are selectively posted on this board to suit someones agenda. I did hear fo a release today that said that a press conference is called for Monday to announce a 'series' of games FOR MARCH

Two matches for Under 23's in feb, 2 for under 17's IN FEBand based on the news reports I heard this evening it could be two for March

isnt that what they promised?

Comment

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl3_lblFullMessage>
          The problem is that staements from the JFf are selectively posted on this board to suit someones agenda.
          </SPAN>

<SPAN>I hope this is not another case of the Captain sobatoging the current JFF admin? I am just concerned that time is running out and it does not seem as if they are in a position to make an announcement.</SPAN>

Comment

George (3/9/2007)The problem is that staements from the JFf are selectively posted on this board to suit someones agenda. I did hear fo a release today that said that a press conference is called for Monday to announce a 'series' of games FOR MARCH

Two matches for Under 23's in feb, 2 for under 17's IN FEBand based on the news reports I heard this evening it could be two for March

isnt that what they promised?
            I assume you are based in Jamaica George?90% of the people who post here are based outside of Jamaiac...and dont have access to the local electronic media. So thanks for giving us the heads up on the planned news conference. Thats exactly the type of Info we were looking for. Not sure what kind of "agenda" you are speaking of though. We are merely trying to get info!
            President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Agreed, RF. JFF needs to move fast on any announcement of the friendlies. I see main purpose of these friendlies are two fold; more practice matches for ballers, and some dollars for the federation. We can not expect anything more than a few crumb$ if the event is not promoted adequately.

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Hortikal (3/10/2007)Agreed, RF. JFF needs to move fast on any announcement of the friendlies. I see main purpose of these friendlies are two fold; more practice matches for ballers, and some dollars for the federation. We can not expect anything more than a few crumb$ if the event is not promoted adequately.

Re: "Some dollars for the Federation"

The problem with some within the JFF is shortsightedness. I once heard a JFF official remark in a casual setting that there is no need to promotethese types of matches. TheFederation is already guaranteed a fee and makes nothing from thesale of tickets.

It appeared then and it could be the case now that no thought is given to the marketplace being competitive andpromoters (FAs or private persons and or entities) 'dropping' and or inviting less frequently thecountry/opponent that does not help them to turn a profit by filling the seats.

...and,then there are the associated benefits - - e.g. increasing 'brand recognition', etc...which over time would translate into money for the JFF? - able to make better deals with promoters, media outlets, sports goods manafacturers and distributors,merchandising,etc? ...attract increasing number of sponsors and sponsors with deeper pockets, etc?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                X