Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC documentary on Euro 2012 racism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzo3RYCbO5I

I wouldn't step foot in Ukraine and Poland if I received a fully paid for Trip.

Comment

Euro 2012: Ukraine rocked by racism controversy

Victor Chikelu, a Nigerian medical student, was punched and told to go back to Africa by a drunk in the Kiev subway two years ago. But he, like other Africans who have suffered racist abuse in Ukraine's capital, has a message for soccer fans: Don't boycott Euro 2012.

''I don't think this should prevent the fans from coming down,'' said Chikelu. ''People just need to take precautions and everything should be fine.''

He points to no fatal attacks in the last 2 or 3 years as a sign that the situation is perhaps improving. Still, he says he plans to leave the country as soon as he graduates next year.

(continue)
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

"...no fatal attacks in the last 2 or 3 years as a sign that PERHAPS the situation is improving..." ...whew!
        Peter R

Comment

Just tek yuh 3 broken ribs black bwoy!!! Yuh lucky we never kill yuh!!!
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

and tek dis kick inna yuh head side "******" bwoy... a nuh IPL dis enuh!!

Seriously, we can make a little light of this but I don't care what those officials say, the images on that documentary were not encouraging at all... suffice to say Ukraine is not on my top 100 places to visit before I check out...

In fact I was checking online to see if I could get tickets to the Barca v RM match on August 22 as we (family and I) will be in Barcelona that week and I am wondering if it is such a good idea... mi nuh trus none a dem...
            Peter R

Comment

Working...
            X