woieeeee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woieeeee

Brendan Rodgers has agreed a deal to become the new manager of Liverpool Football Club.

The 39-year-old will sign a three-year contract at Anfield and his appointment is likely to be officially confirmed within 24 hours.
    Who is Brendan Rodgers?

1973: Born 26 January in Carnlough, Northern Ireland
    1987: Begins career as a defender with Ballymena United
    1990: Joins Reading as a teenager before being forced to retire through injury. Remains as a coach
    2004: Jose Mourinho appoints Rodgers as Chelsea youth team manager
    2006: The Blues promote him to reserve team manager
    2008: Joins Watford
    June 2009: Returns to Reading to replace Steve Coppell
    December 2009: Leaves by mutual consent after a bad start
    July 2010: Returns to management with Swansea
    May 2011: Guides the Swans to promotion via play-offs
    May 2012: Leads Swansea to 11th in their first Premier League campaign

Liverpool will pay Swansea City between £4m and £5m in compensation to secure the Northern Irishman's services.

Liverpool sacked former manager Kenny Dalglish on 16 May after finishing eighth in the Premier League.

The Reds were 17 points away from a Champions League qualification spot, but won the League Cup and reached the FA Cup final.

In contrast, Rodgers guided his Swansea side to an impressive first season in the top flight, including a 1-0 win over Liverpool on the final day of the season.

After parting ways with Dalglish, Liverpool embarked on an extensive search for a new manager.

The Reds were linked not only with Rodgers and Wigan manager Roberto Martinez but also former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas, ex-England coach Fabio Capello, and Ajax manager Frank de Boer.

Rodgers declined the opportunity to speak to Liverpool about the vacancy 12 days ago, and instead the club's hierarchy sought a meeting with Wigan's Martinez.
    Jose Mourinho on Rodgers

"I like everything in him. He is ambitious and does not see football very differently from myself. He is open, likes to learn and likes to communicate"

But it appears Rodgers was always the preferred candidate, despite Wigan chairman Dave Whelan at one point suggesting his manager had been offered the job at Anfield.

Rodgers' managerial career began at Watford in 2008 after coaching spells at Reading and Chelsea.

His return to Reading was an unhappy one but, after his appointment as Swansea boss in July 2010, Rodgers guided his Welsh side to promotion to the top flight in May 2011, making Swansea the first Welsh team to reach the Premier League.

Former England striker Gary Lineker, tweeted: "I feel this could be a very shrewd appointment. Totally gets the way the game's evolving
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

unfortunately i also think that it is a good appointment. hopefully the liverpool faithful disagrees and bullies him to leave before the end of his contract.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Rahtid now Liverpool have a descent manager there will be a few teams looking over their shoulder including my Gunners.

Comment

steuuuuuupppss !! looking for what Dunny?

tek a small fish and put inna a big pond and him drown

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post

This youth have a lot of belief so i genuinely expect him to do well!

Comment

The natives are restless...

Originally posted by Twan View Post

from Liverpoolfc.tv messageboards:

Originally Posted by Fowi
            I'm pretty happy with Rodgers. It's a risk worth taking tbh.

anfieldbound View Kop Profile
            Oh yes you were happy with Hodgson as well if my memory serves me right. Every new manager presents a risk; but it is the level of risk FSG are taking with the appointment of Rodgers that is really ****ing me off.

I will sit back and watch the whole thing crash and burn around FSG. Whilst LFC flirts with mediocracy and our rivals are moving ahead with class and panache.

Welcome to FSG's long term plan - at least 5 years to get back into the CL.

Anyway no more of my money will spent on LFC whilst mediocracy is the order of the DAY!

So in essence, I am not happy with the potential appointment of Brendan ******** Rodgers as the next manager of LFC! What has he achieved of note in his career to date? NADA!
            Last edited by Paul Marin; May 30, 2012, 02:34 PM.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Di youth ave belief, I have belief does that mean I am qualified,Seriously I believe I could do a better job than Rodgers and Hodgson with Liverpool and England.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Come on bredren now that's a bit extreme!!

Comment

Some would say the same about Rodgers , yuh think it dun! Revolt mi say, dis bredda better get top 4 next season and a CUP, if not im gone .
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                    Some would say the same about Rodgers , yuh think it dun! Revolt mi say, dis bredda better get top 4 next season and a CUP, if not im gone .
                    First thing Rogers a go do when him get there is tell the owners that they don't need to spend any money. Stick with the squad or even sell a few, bring Aquilani and Joe Cole back to the club and promote Daniel Pacheco and Raheem Stirling to the first team squad. Him a go show unuh seh Dalgliesh and Rafa a mug.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                      This youth have a lot of belief so i genuinely expect him to do well!
                      for the past 7 years me have lots of beleif in my Gunners too..that they will win the BPL..and what has happened ?

Comment

First thing Rogers a go do when him get there is tell the owners that they don't need to spend any money. Stick with the squad or even sell a few, bring Aquilani and Joe Cole back to the club and promote Daniel Pacheco and Raheem Stirling to the first team squad. Him a go show unuh seh Dalgliesh and Rafa a mug.
                        Dunny, you are TRUE GUNNER....sell the plan YES!!...mek sure dem finish behind the Gunners again !! good move !!

Comment

I would agree with that 95%, but he would have to buy a goal scorer - up front or midfield I don't care. Pacheco would be a long shot for me (as much as I love him) but he deserves more than we've given him - great skill. We do need to get rid of some "dead wood though", like Flanagan and Spearing.
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                            I would agree with that 95%, but he would have to buy a goal scorer - up front or midfield I don't care. Pacheco would be a long shot for me (as much as I love him) but he deserves more than we've given him - great skill. We do need to get rid of some "dead wood though", like Flanagan and Spearing.
                            Downing would be the first one through the door!!

Comment

Downing would be the first one through the door!!
                              No - not true. Downing has had a very very poor season, but were he the only one, then yes. The system that KD used made it difficult for him to contribute effectively. With a player like Aquaman back in the frame - and I think he will be - downing will do a lot better. He needs a supporting midfielder to work off and he didn't have that. We have to get rid of flanagan and the FA Cup dashweh hobbit. They are not good enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X