Last night I watched England vs Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night I watched England vs Mexico

This was a game played in 2010 and the game ended 3 -1 to England. I caught the game in the 72 min and watched until the end. These were my observations:
    1. Mexico is a very good team that is on the brink of a major breakthrough.
    2. The English defenders played with confidence and poise. They proved that there is a HUGE difference playing at the very top level compared with say......our NPL.
    3. The Mexicans played with confidence and belief in themselves as if they belonged. That comes through years of playing together and playing the same style.
    4. Ball control. This should NEVER be a topic of discussion at the international level, yet we spend many keystrokes talking about Luton Shelton's lack of ball control.
    5. Mexico was down but they had 99% ball possession during the few minutes that I watched. They were pressing the attack, moving the ball slickly across the field. Playing with a purpose and to the coach's instructions. I would love to see that from our Boyz.
    6. The English were also playing to their coach's (Capello) instructions too. They managed their lead impeccably and did the simple things under pressure. We are naive and don't know how to manage our games.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Saw the game when it was first played (and watched it again last night).

Mexico through the years has always been a very team. Ball management is something they do well. I am sure they have ambitions of winning the World Cup.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Aaaah Mexico - passing and movement; ball possession; TEAMwork! Excellent!

The Right-hand Man - The Assistant Coach
      Of all the teams in CONCACAF which has most often been to the World Cup Finals 1930 through 2006? Which CONCACAF team has always played good attacking TEAM football? Which CONCACAF country has a league where all the teams play a style similar to its National Men senior Team? Which CONCACAF country has its national team very well prepared to battle with the World’s top teams and whose game/match style would most fit our players? Which CONCACAF country has always put on the field disciplined, tactically well prepared teams with the individual players showing excellent technical skills?

Did I hear the JFF Technical, Executive and Managing Committee members in unison say – Mexico?! Why not a Mexican as assistant coach to our Reggae Boyz?

The Reggae Boyz are extremely athletic. Could we perform like the Mexican National Team? Good tactical awareness! Good technical skills! …yet a faster, stronger more potent TEAM REGGAE BOYZ?

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/views.as...=Mexico&id=218

- Friday, August 11, 2006
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Saw the game also. mexico will never be a great team outside of playing in CONCACAF. Mostly lowly rated teams in the federation except for the USA which is capable of beating them with moderate effort, and possibly CR on a good day.

Comment

Would you consider England a great team or Portugal? What is your definition of a great team?
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Your question is moot at best. Why don't you answer it yourself. To mention Mexico and England/Portugal in the same football discussion is total rubbish. There is no comparison now or any time in history of the modern game. I will say it again, outside of CONCACAF, Mexico is a nonentity.

Comment

Foolishness reggae doc , Mexico has been to the quarter finals twice , and the round of 16 many times , leaving the 1st round is a feat by itself which they have done on numerous occasions, they seem to be the only team except france capable of giving Brazil the odd defeat.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Why re-hash old games? not that I am discounting your observations as to what needs to be done, or what was done well or poorly... question is what are they doing now? both teams... any team for that matter.

England is playing Belgium tomorrow... an observation after the senior match would be instructive. You can presumably catch it here if it isn't on your TV:
                http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/football.html
                Last edited by Peter R; June 1, 2012, 09:54 AM.
                Peter R

Comment

I am trying to follow your argument. Can you answer my two simple questions.

Comment

The game was on (as I said), and I just voiced my observations. However, these teams play the same way in 2010 as they are now. The results may vary but the styles are still the same.

Comment

I will be trying to watch some of the friendlies leading up to Euros... France looking like they may threaten; Ronaldo picks Spain to take it all but backs his team to go to the next round.

I don't know if I will watch any football next week though as the matches clash with the cricket... LOL
                      Peter R

Comment

don't make HL hear that at all Peter. LOL
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

We ought to ban you from the forum for a comment like that. I hope your love for cricket exclude watching the WI team.

Comment

I forgot this emoticon

BUT I have been known to lie...

BTW there isn't any other cricket on my TV other than Windies... the truth is, masochist that I am I will watch... after all which football team mi support again?
                            Peter R

Comment

Peter R you are a sick man

Comment

Working...
                              X