Euro Champs 2012; Is it Coffins or Killings, truth or hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro Champs 2012; Is it Coffins or Killings, truth or hype

Mario Balotelli has threatened to walk off the pitch if he is racially abused at Euro 2012 and said he would 'kill' anyone who dares to throw a banana at him.
    Manchester City's volatile Italian striker spoke out amid increasing concerns that black players will be targeted by racists when the tournament kicks off in Poland and Ukraine next week.
    The families of England players Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Theo Walcott will not travel to Ukraine because of fears for their safety but Balotelli, of Ghanaian descent, said: 'I will not accept racism at all. It's unacceptable. If someone throws a banana at me in the street, I will go to jail, because I will kill them.'
    Balotelli has been the victim of racist abuse on several occasions - most recently in February when Porto were fined over the behaviour of their supporters in a Europa League tie against City.
    'Let's see what happens at the Euros,' added Balotelli. 'I hope it will pass without a problem. I really couldn't deal with that.'
    Balotelli, 21, was targeted by Juventus and Roma fans while playing for Inter Milan in 2009, which resulted in Juve having to play a match behind closed doors.
    In June of that year, he was racially abused and pelted with bananas in a Rome bar while out with Italy teammates in the build-up to the European Under-21 Championships.
    He added: 'It was lucky that the police arrived quickly because, I swear, I would have beaten them. I would have really destroyed them. I hope it never happens again.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/eur...#ixzz1wKUF0iht

Meanwhile......Former English soccer star Sol Campbell is urging fans to not go to Poland and Ukraine for the European Championship, contending racism and violence there make it too dangerous.

''Stay at home, watch it on TV. Don't even risk it ... because you could end up coming back in a coffin,'' Campbell, who is black, told the BBC.

The families of two of England's black players, Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, have indicated they are unlikely to travel to the Euros because of fears of racist abuse. The tournament starts June 8.

After witnessing footage in the BBC's Panorama program of fans from the host nations giving the Nazi salute and taunting black players with monkey noises, Campbell said European soccer's governing body was wrong to award the tournament to Poland and Ukraine.

''What they should say is, `If you want this tournament, you sort your problems out,'' he said. ''Until we see a massive improvement ... you do not deserve these prestigious tournaments in your country.'''

The documentary also shows a group of Asian students being attacked at the Metalist Stadium in Kharkiv, one of the host venues.

In a statement, UEFA said the tournament ''clearly creates an opportunity to address and confront such societal issues.''
    ''UEFA's `zero tolerance' approach to racism is still valid both on and off the pitch and ultimately the referee has the power to stop or abandon a match should racist incidents occur,'' the statement said.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/s...o-euros-052812

Only FIFA/UEFA with their greasy palms could have an anti-racism policy yet award the games in their two top tournaments to 4 of the most racist/prejudiced footballing countries around - Ukraine, Poland, Russia and Qatar. Try getting into Qatar as an Israeli or openly walking about in the "wrong neighbourhood" in Poland, Russia or Ukraine as a black man. Their corruption knows no bounds. All that said, the racism issue is not hype but it won't be as bad as Campbell portrays it as they know the world is watching and will behave themselves.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Sometimes only something tragic can effect changes. A change is desperately needed to shake up FIFA and especially UEFA who continues to give slaps on the wrist for racial offenders.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
      X