• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reds to reveal new manager on Friday

Reds to reveal new manager on Friday

May 29, 2012
    By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

Liverpool plan to make the announcement of their new manager on Friday, ESPN understands. They have whittled their list of candidates down to Wigan's Roberto Martinez and Swansea's Brendan Rodgers, after a thorough search for the right man to replace Kenny Dalglish.

GettyImagesBrendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez are favourites to land the Liverpool job

Joe Cole hoping for second chance
    Whelan wants Reds to get Rodgers
    Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins met Rodgers on Tuesday to discuss his future at the club, with Rodgers believed to be interested in discussing the Anfield job with the Reds' owners.
    Wigan chairman Dave Whelan told ESPN that his manager is back in England but he is yet to speak to him. Informed that Liverpool are keen on Rodgers, Whelan said: "I hope they sign him but I have not heard from my manager yet."
    Martinez had looked the clear favourite to be named Liverpool manager but his concerns over the mooted appointment of Louis van Gaal as sporting director, and his expected control over transfers, have swung a two-horse race back towards Rodgers.
    However, Jenkins has shown marked reluctance to even grant Rodgers permission to speak to Liverpool, whereas Whelan has fulfilled his pledge to Martinez to allow him to go to a big club, should he wish to do so.
    Amid growing speculation, Jenkins said of Rodgers on Monday: "We would like to confirm that there has been no contact from Liverpool and nothing has changed since our previous statement on the issue."
    Fed up with the procrastinations of Liverpool, Whelan has given Martinez until Thursday to make his decision. Liverpool will take the next 48 hours to finalise their plans and an announcement is expected to be delivered on Friday.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
    Reds to reveal new manager on Friday

May 29, 2012
    By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

Liverpool plan to make the announcement of their new manager on Friday, ESPN understands. They have whittled their list of candidates down to Wigan's Roberto Martinez and Swansea's Brendan Rodgers, after a thorough search for the right man to replace Kenny Dalglish.

GettyImagesBrendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez are favourites to land the Liverpool job

Joe Cole hoping for second chance
    Whelan wants Reds to get Rodgers
    Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins met Rodgers on Tuesday to discuss his future at the club, with Rodgers believed to be interested in discussing the Anfield job with the Reds' owners.
    Wigan chairman Dave Whelan told ESPN that his manager is back in England but he is yet to speak to him. Informed that Liverpool are keen on Rodgers, Whelan said: "I hope they sign him but I have not heard from my manager yet."
    Martinez had looked the clear favourite to be named Liverpool manager but his concerns over the mooted appointment of Louis van Gaal as sporting director, and his expected control over transfers, have swung a two-horse race back towards Rodgers.
    However, Jenkins has shown marked reluctance to even grant Rodgers permission to speak to Liverpool, whereas Whelan has fulfilled his pledge to Martinez to allow him to go to a big club, should he wish to do so.
    Amid growing speculation, Jenkins said of Rodgers on Monday: "We would like to confirm that there has been no contact from Liverpool and nothing has changed since our previous statement on the issue."
    Fed up with the procrastinations of Liverpool, Whelan has given Martinez until Thursday to make his decision. Liverpool will take the next 48 hours to finalise their plans and an announcement is expected to be delivered on Friday.
    No Rafa?

Comment

Revolt !
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

It seems Brendan Rogers will get the job. I know you guys didn't want Martinez, are you all happy with Brendan Rogers?

Comment

Are you a comedian ? They sack KD for not gaurenteeing them a top 4 and you hire a novice to do what ? gaurantee what , 8 th place ?

Is he expected to win any titles or rebuild another year , is a top 4 finish seriously expected, proof to me dem man deh ave money fi burn, and the issue is about total control.No Bonafide big name coach will work with a Director of football and this nonsense about it being the European model to follow is B.S ,English teams have dominated CL for the past 10 years and Barcelona sure as hell does not have that control system in its 1st team , Pep sold and buy whom he chooses.

European model ,like whom ? has that model everyone won a CL ?CL dominance is the definition of European dominace .
          Last edited by Sir X; May 30, 2012, 09:59 AM.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
            Are you a comedian ? They sack KD for not gaurenteeing them a top 4 and you hire a novice to do what ? gaurantee what , 8 th place ?

Is he expected to win any titles or rebuild another year , is a top 4 finish seriously expected, proof to me dem man deh ave money fi burn, and the issue is about total control.No Bonafide big name coach will work with a Director of football and this nonsense about it being the European model to follow is B.S ,English teams have dominated CL for the past 10 years and Barcelona sure as hell does not have that control system in its 1st team , Pep sold and buy whom he chooses.

European model ,like whom ? has that model everyone won a CL ?CL dominance is the definition of European dominace .
            So your answer is no, you dont think Brendan can do the business?

Comment

. Mi have fi take serious things make laff.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                . Mi have fi take serious things make laff.
                Sass dont laugh, a serious thing this man a wha do u?

Comment

mi try help mi brethren relieve the stress.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

X, lets take the emotion out of the thing and look at it as a man who knows a fair deal about football. I see a young manager with a lot of potential in Brendan Rogers. He learnt his trade under the great Jose Mourinho at Chelsea and from what i've seen from the job he's done at Swansea and the brand of football they play i think you should embrace his appointment.

Comment

he seems a good choice but not for those who want KD and Rafa or instant champions leauge and that is where the problem and resistance going to come from.

He better start off fast or the noise might just bring him down.

Comment

That's the problem with these Liverpool fans, they are living in the past instead of looking to the future.

Comment

Me vex too yah Xcuse. The Yanks dem could at least give Avram Grant a talk.
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                            That's the problem with these Liverpool fans, they are living in the past instead of looking to the future.
                            Dunny - what about Rodgers makes you think he would be better than Rafa or KD? Hint: the answer is not - "What he did at Swansea". You can't compare managing a club like Liverpool to a small outfit like Swansea. That's like taking someone who did a good job managing a deli to go manage IBM. Exaggerated comparison of course, but you get the point. My choice remains Rijkaard, but FSG haven't returned my calls. He would work well too with Van Gaal if they insist on that setup.
                            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Stap yuh nise!!!! Managing Swansea "deli" and moving up to Loserfool's "A&P supermarket deli" is not a big step up for Brendan Rogers. He will fail if the Yanks don't give him the combination to the tranfer vault and allow him to clear out the deadweights and the racist.
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X