No announcement yet.

USA 5 - 1 Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I like to see how players perform in a particular system without fanciful preconceived notions of their relative worth

What doesn't make sense to me is your NUMerical National Universal Technical System of Player Ranking... it's just NUMNUTS PR!!!!
    Last edited by Don1; May 27, 2012, 05:17 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Stoni and who are to blame?? You know that the US soccer federation have grants for inner city teams??? Do you realise that you have such programs as soccer/scout program offerred, trying to reach to minority kids and the coaches are paid decent per hour?

The parents don't support their kids. I went to the YMCA with my little kids for soccer and they offerred me a scholarship form, only that it was salary based. We can make the excuse all we want but the fact is more kids in America between the age of 3-6 in many key states are playing soccer than any other sport.

The team will only get better.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

for once I agree with you. majority of the kids playing soccer is not 80K and up.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sass is not the 3-6 yo's is the issue look on the development between 12 and 18, is a shut down business. Select s making decisions and chopping excellent players to make better teams at an early age, it is basically shutting the door on many prospects who at that age have Nuff development to go. Even with these grants, the bottom line is for kids to make the trek from young prospect to national player in this select system is like walking from the Algerian coast to port harcourt, very tough trip, very expensive. I love a performance based stem but this is a system that seems to be eating itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
            Haha, you are missing the boat Zeppo, look closely and stop drinking the cool aid. All the select players I have seen are mostly middle, upper middle kids and when I say middle I am actually thinking even higher than hat you may be thinking of middle, household income 80k and up dominates select ball.
            If you're talking about our official youth teams, which it sounded like from your post, then you are wrong. By that I mean the U.S. U-17s, U-20s, U-23s, etc.

But regarding the overall youth system in the country, yes, it is still far too "pay to play" based. Everyone knows that.
            "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
            - Xavi

Comment

Klinsmann's USMNT philosophies shine in Scotland win

If one central theme is emerging in the Jurgen Klinsmann philosophy, it is this: speed.

Since taking over as manager of the US national team last year, he has often talked about wanting his team to play with speed, move the ball quickly, use the side's pace on the flanks. Saturday's 5-1 trouncing of Scotland, led by Landon Donovan's hat trick, it all seemed to come together as Klinsmann has drawn it up.

"We are very pleased with the performance tonight," he said after the match. “I think tonight you saw many elements of what we’re always talking about, what we’re trying step by step to develop.

(continue)
              "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
              - Xavi

Comment

I was at the game on Saturday. Just an impressive overall performance.

Read most of the threads on the game. All the points have been covered.

In terms of support, I estimated that ~5,000 Scotts came to support their team. They did no waver in support. About 1000 of the support were from the Tartan Army who traveled to see the friendly. They are a jolly bunch...

Watched the second half of the Panama game. If that's the approach...might as well they stay home and give the USA the points on Sept. 11th.

Last: The home support against Panama was very poor.
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

One sided game in Jamaica's favour against strong regional opponent with zero midfield support...

Outside of the one corner, JA keeper did not have to make one save.. Panama GK was put to work often and beaten twice !

Be afraid !

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                    USA 5 Scotland 1

YANKED apart limb by limb.

Craig Levein’s Scotland were last night simply annihilated in America.

Landon Donovan hacked them to pieces with a hat-trick in a ferocious five-goal Florida thumping. Even our goal was an OG.

Make no mistake about it, this was a dire display and defeat — Levein’s worst since taking charge in December 2009.

(continue)
                    Hmmm; I would get too excited about the result if i was USA. Scotland international team is wutless at the best of times. Add to that that most of their players have just finished a long season, and its a friendly in the USA, the thrashing is of no surprise.
                    As things stand, JA would have a good chance of beating Scotland but obviously not 5-1.

Comment

Did you go out to support the team?

Goal win matches--everything else is just stats.

Example: Chelsea in the Champions League semis and final

HL

Comment

Is the Pope Catholic ?

Be Afraid.. Chelsea nah help yuh innah the Office..

Comment

The Office doesn't seem to be helping the Boyz much lately either...
                          - Xavi

Comment

it was a day off..

All hands will be on deck when Babylon come to di office doh..

Be Afraid !

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                              it was a day off..

All hands will be on deck when Babylon come to di office doh..

Be Afraid !

Babylon fi get roast ah di Office... Fiya Bun!!!
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

The Jamaican team currently on display--play like amateurs. Maybe they are better, that's why I mentioned the poor condition of the pitch.

The current record against baseball country Panama says a lot!!

HL

Comment

Working...
                                X