What is old could become new again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is old could become new again.

Today Seth Blatter has commissioned Franz Bekenbauer to come up with a new method of deciding tied late round and final world cup games besides penalty kicks.

Could we see a reintroduction of the so called "mini-games" (I think that was the term used) that were used in the North American Soccer League(NASL) in the 70s and 80s. This is where an opponent is given the ball, and has to dribble towards the goal and score against only the opposing goal keeper, if my memory serves me correctly. By all indications, he waqnts the new system introduced in the next WC tournament.

I cant think of any other system, except an analysis of games played, GA, GF, etc. or maybe come up with a Duckworth-type system for football.

We wil all be staying tuned.

foolishness if you ask me. Why them love mess with the game so. This is improving nothing.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

dat nuh mek no sense, why dem nuh jus lef di ting

Comment

Wasn't it called a shoot out? similar to the penalties taken in Ice Hockey?
        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          foolishness if you ask me. Why them love mess with the game so. This is improving nothing.
          Of course it's stupidness. So in that vein, I will recommend my own "stupid" suggestion that they pull the goalie and play without a keeper for two 5 minute halves. A few years ago when my daughter was playing rec, they did this to decide tied games at the semifinal level but it was sudden death. It was as exciting as it could get. Believe you me. Now, that was 9 year old girls, I don't know what it would look like with big men.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Can anyone say Suarez!!!! I'm thinking of that long-range goal he scored the other day in his hat-trick.

In such a scenario practising the long-range shot becomes part of the training agenda.
            Peter R

Comment

i think goal line technology more important right now ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                Can anyone say Suarez!!!! I'm thinking of that long-range goal he scored the other day in his hat-trick.

In such a scenario practising the long-range shot becomes part of the training agenda.
                Or Xabi Alonso...must be something in the water at Anfield.
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

that would be more exciting to me and something new.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                  X