RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking news for Liverpool fans, managers job...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking news for Liverpool fans, managers job...

Martinez offered Liverpool job

Wigan chairman suggests level of managerial control could be an issue

Last Updated: May 25, 2012 3:40pm
    Dave Whelan has confirmed that Roberto Martinez has been offered the chance to manage Liverpool

Sky Bet

Roberto Martinez has been offered the chance to manage Liverpool according to Wigan chairman Dave Whelan.
    Wigan boss Martinez was in Miami on Thursday for talks with Reds owner JW Henry about succeeding Kenny Dalglish as manager of the Anfield club.
    Whelan has confirmed that Liverpool have made an offer to his manager and a decision will be made within the next week.
    The only sticking point would appear to be whether Martinez will be given the level of control he demands.
    "I have just spoken to Roberto," Whelan told Sky Sports News on Friday. "He went yesterday to Miami and had a very constructive meeting with the owner of Liverpool.
    "They're going to talk again on Tuesday. They've made Roberto an offer and he has agreed to consider it.
    "He is also aware that I have said 'I'd love to keep you but I need a decision by Wednesday or Thursday of next week'.
    "If we lose him we've got to move and appoint someone for Wigan Athletic.
    "In the meeting I think they've made him an offer and he's said 'what are my responsibilities'.
    "These are American owners and the rules and regulations are a bit different from what we English set down.
    "Roberto is a seven days a week, 12 hours a day worker and I don't know whether they realise how hard he works.
    "He has rules and regulations to be fully in charge of football and I know he won't move anywhere unless he is fully in charge of the football.
    Consideration

"I think he's considering it and I think he'll give it fair consideration."
    Asked to clarify whether Martinez is set to become Liverpool's new manager, Whelan added: "I couldn't say that 100% for sure. They have made him an offer, I don't know what that offer is.
    "I think he has said thank you for the offer but I only work when I have complete control of football.
    "But he's having another meeting with them on Tuesday when he says a decision will be made."
    "If he goes to Liverpool we will wish him good luck and get on with the business."
    Asked if this meant Wigan are now actively seeking a new manager, Whelan said: "I would never do that until Roberto says one thing or the other. I want desperately to keep Roberto.
    "I have said I would like to know one way or the other by next Thursday."

What a nice boss to have.....Whelan.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      What a nice boss to have.....Whelan.
      A true dat, he understands football having being a player at the top level himself.

Comment

Lets hope the trend of Martinez fighting relegation continue. Nothing personal against MArtinez ... just seeing Liverpool slip into League 1 would be .. well they certainly wouldn't walk alone.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lawd Lazie you too wicked.

Comment

yeah but he needs to relax and let Liverpool and Martinez make these annoncements.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I hope the owners tell him that they want to control certain aspects of the football which he insists on having. I really don't want him to take the job because I like him as an up-and-coming manger who has lots of potential. I wouldn't want Loserfool to drag him down. Liverpool needs a manager coming in with a 2 - 3 year plan that will be solidly backed by the owners. The owners' and the fans' expectations need to realistic (like Arsenal) so as not to exert undue pressure on the manager. Right now, they cannot attract any big named player who can trust and be patient with them to play CL football in 2 years.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                I hope the owners tell him that they want to control certain aspects of the football which he insists on having. I really don't want him to take the job because I like him as an up-and-coming manger who has lots of potential. I wouldn't want Loserfool to drag him down. Liverpool needs a manager coming in with a 2 - 3 year plan that will be solidly backed by the owners. The owners' and the fans' expectations need to realistic (like Arsenal) so as not to exert undue pressure on the manager. Right now, they cannot attract any big named player who can trust and be patient with them to play CL football in 2 years.
                I have a good feeling about him as well, i think he is gonna be a top manager i would rather see him go to Aston Villa, and someone like Benetez go to Liverpool!!

Comment

love di choice, dis manager will have dem ah play some good football fi sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                    Lets hope the trend of Martinez fighting relegation continue. Nothing personal against MArtinez ... just seeing Liverpool slip into League 1 would be .. well they certainly wouldn't walk alone.
                    DAMN yuh Ruff !!!

Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      yeah but he needs to relax and let Liverpool and Martinez make these annoncements.
                      Thank you. Too dyam pushup!
                      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
                        DAMN yuh Ruff !!!

Ruff? More like fool!!! Facety rahtid bwoy need some licks in him head back!!
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Why am I not surprised by the love by the HATERS of the choice ,Martinez.

Relegation ,another 2 to 3 years , etc etc , so whats the expectation guys ? No C.L football in 8 years ?
                          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                            Why am I not surprised by the love by the HATERS of the choice ,Martinez.

Relegation ,another 2 to 3 years , etc etc , so whats the expectation guys ? No C.L football in 8 years ?
                            Try 10. It will be rough. ~groan.

Comment

Swansea manager Brendan Rogers is the new odds on favorite for the Liverpool job. Watch this space!

Comment

Working...
                              X