J'can style soccer will take time, says McIntosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the basics?
    What is that structure that must be shown?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The basics is learning how to dribble, pass, head, ball control, movements, ball movement, running in position, tracking back, and playing as a part of a team.

The natural talent will come. If you notice even though we have some good player you can't produce a Tappa or Skill cole again. The head coach and players can develop the style they want.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        The natural talent will come. If you notice even though we have some good player you can't produce a Tappa or Skill cole again. The head coach and players can develop the style they want.
        Why not?

Comment

You don't create Genius.. dat is a gift from God..

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
            You don't create Genius.. dat is a gift from God..

So the same way god can give them to us, why he/she/it can't give us a few more?

Comment

How much is enough ?

How yuh know our portion nevah guh to waste ?

Comment

you nuh think Colombia would like to produce another Valdarama?

Some talent is special especially ballas who can do certain things with the ball in close spaces.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Some talent is special especially ballas who can do certain things with the ball in close spaces.
                  There are potential geniuses around but the system does not give them the opportunity to fulfill their potential.

Comment

I think we have potentially good players.

And we don't necessarily need genius to win at all. Especially if the coach himself is a genius in his art.

Comment

I think we have potentially good players.

And we don't necessarily need genius to win at all. Especially if the coach himself is a genius in his art.
                      Totally agreed!!, i would rather have 11 good players who function well within a TEAM than 1 genius and a team that doesn't function.

Comment

No!

Yes!

Valdarama could not take Columbia to the heights (TOP OF THE WORLD) today - too slow.

Look Cesc Fabregas is faster and works at higher rate! Valdarama would not be allowed the time on the ball he was allowed in his heyday! The game is so much faster with greater demand for sustained effort throughout each match.

Columbia surely would wish for someone with his 'touch' but with greater pace and higher work-rate...hey our Reggae Boyz could do with someone like the old Valderama...but then the JFF's/Jamaica's 'sights' appear to be much lower than Columbia's.
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl if you notice Valdarama he doesn't hold the ball much. He made quick and easy passes and just slide into space. You don't have to be exceptionally quick to do that. With a center piece like that you can build your team.

Valderama could manage the game and take Columbia to the heights they were in the 1990s.

Comment

Karl if you notice Valdarama he doesn't hold the ball much. He made quick and easy passes and just slide into space. You don't have to be exceptionally quick to do that. With a center piece like that you can build your team.

Valderama could manage the game and take Columbia to the heights they were in the 1990s.
                            Yes, he was great on the ball...and you may be right that he could adapt but I doubt it very much. Such he would at his best do well at today's midlevel teams...but TOP OF THE WORLD teams? ...the Barcelona, Arsenal, BoyU, ManCity, Real Madrid type clubs and the TOP OF THE WORLD teams e.g. Spain, Germany, Holland type play...I doubt it!

Comment

Karl as long as he had the good forwards running and he can conceal the passes he could do good.

Comment

Working...
                              X