• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capello to meet Reds owners

Capello to meet Reds owners

May 22, 2012
    By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

Fabio Capello has held talks with Liverpool and has been invited to meet with owners Fenway Sports Group.

GettyImagesFabio Capello has held preliminary talks with Liverpool

Blog: The interview process
    De Boer rules out Liverpool
    AVB won't rush decision
    Rodgers rejects Reds
    Roberto Martinez and Andre Villas-Boas have also held meetings with Liverpool and are on the list speak to the owners, and it is expected that they will be joined by at least one other candidate.
    A source told ESPN: "The long list of candidates is now narrowing down to a workable number who are likely to go to Boston, although there is of course a chance that the owners will come over here to see the candidates."
    Capello, who still has a home in West London, had ideally sought the Chelsea job, but the Blues have made no contact with the former England boss and the Italian has now ruled himself out of the Chelsea equation.
    However, an agent representing Liverpool did approach Capello before the Champions League final to enquire as to his interest in the position. He has since held preliminary talks, at which he expressed a desire to be considered, and will now hold a more formal discussion.
    Several coaches on Liverpool's 'long list' have ruled themselves out of the running, including Frank de Boer, Jurgen Klopp and Brendan Rodgers, while Didier Deschamps has said he expects to stay at Marseille.
    Liverpool fan group Spirit of Shankly, which led the protests against former owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, has written to Fenway Sports Group to express its concern over the way the club is being run.
    "It may be that yourselves and the board of Liverpool Football Club have a vision you are working towards," SOS's letter read. "It may be that you have implemented a strategy to deliver that vision and decisions are being made to work towards this.
    "However, from the outside, where supporters find themselves once again, it looks like a football club in disarray. Confusion and chaos seems to reign and no one is coming out of this with much credit, particularly the football club's image and brand.
    "We need clear and pro-active communication, a confident message about the club's plans that breeds confidence amongst supporters that we are moving in the right direction. Instead, we have silence and a lack of information or understanding on decisions being made.
    "As supporters we have seen all too clearly what a lack of communication from absentee owners leads to. Ultimately supporters remain in the dark once again about the plans for this football club moving forward.
    "We find ourselves experiencing deja vu, where boardroom decisions lead to more questions than they answer. We ask that you speak with supporters - engage with a true representative cross section of supporters and work with supporters to provide solutions to our current problems."
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

i dunno ... another big name manager who gonna want to spend big ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Another mercenary just wants to line is pocket!

Comment

If yuh give a formula 1 driver a piece a 5hit fi drive ... what ppl would expeck?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

and if yuh gi him a good cyar an' him crash it?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            and if yuh gi him a good cyar an' him crash it?
            High speed race ... anything can happen ... wait .. yuh calling Liverpool a goo cyar? Thats like saying Madea is an attractive woman.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

rafa had a good cyar!

Comment

Sure she is to somebody. A just to find the stick a bush.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I think it is disrespectful of the owners to have every Tom, Dick and Harry flying across the ocean to come sit with them. That just smacks of their arrogance and disinterest in what football means to their fans. They should appoint someone to stay in England to do the preliminary interview, THEN maybe fly the candidates over. Real p!sspot club.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    Sure she is to somebody. A just to find the stick a bush.
                    Huh? Every hoe have dem stick ... Sass .. are you calling her a hoe?

Comment

Well she have her stick so. I wouldn't go that far as I don't know how many sticks she control
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Or fly the jet go pick them up as Villa did to Ole.

Take wifey and family on, and give them a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                          i dunno ... another big name manager who gonna want to spend big ....
                          But that's what we need - it is no mystery that Roman bought the Prem titles he has just like all the rest of them. The only one that has not done that is Wenger and he hasn't won anything since Roman started to spend big money. Suh...to win...you have to spend...ah so it go these days. Now, before Gazx and Dunny start cuss me off...I don't agree with loading up on debt to do that, and I am perfectly happy as a fan with a top 4 finish and manageable debt, so for me, the trophy thing is second to the sustainability of the club. I would rather go through years of barren in the trophy chest to see the club on solid financial footing well into the next century than sustain crippling debt to win silver. BUT...not everybody stay so...
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                            I think it is disrespectful of the owners to have every Tom, Dick and Harry flying across the ocean to come sit with them. That just smacks of their arrogance and disinterest in what football means to their fans. They should appoint someone to stay in England to do the preliminary interview, THEN maybe fly the candidates over. Real p!sspot club.
                            Once again, you are showing that you can *probably* read, but can't comprehend. Who are these "tom dick and harry" managers flying across the atlantic? Up until today, the club has only had 1 manager invited to Boston and the club does have Ian Ayre's in Liverpool doing the initial interviews. So your approach is exactly what the club is doing. (Which now makes me wonder if it is the right thing!!!!). Anyway, go back to school man, you need to understand that when the book seh "See Dick run" it doesn't mean seh "Jane ah chase him". Comprehension is a hell of ting!!!!

Comment

Hey bighead, don't fresh yuhself and pass yuh place. I want you to know that me still have my School leaving Cerfitikate still a heng up pon my wall. My Sunday school teacha Mrs. Robinson was a very respectable woman and if she was still alive she woulda cuss yuh out properly.
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X