The KD backlash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The KD backlash

The fans are upset , that 1 he got sacked , 2 the manner in which the owners are seeking a replacement 3 all qualified hopefull appointees have declined interviews 4 they have refused to interview Rafa!

It seems as if we are in turmoil,it all lies on the owners heads.They want a manager who can gaurantee top 4 next season , well only 2 managers have a shot at that , the one who built this squad ,and the one who built half of it ,thats KD & Rafa.Any other appointee will need a learning curve and at least half a million in investment.

FSG screwed up.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Originally posted by X View Post
    The fans are upset , that 1 he got sacked , 2 the manner in which the owners are seeking a replacement 3 all qualified hopefull appointees have declined interviews 4 they have refused to interview Rafa!

It seems as if we are in turmoil,it all lies on the owners heads.They want a manager who can gaurantee top 4 next season , well only 2 managers have a shot at that , the one who built this squad ,and the one who built half of it ,thats KD & Rafa.Any other appointee will need a learning curve and at least half a million in investment.

FSG screwed up.
    X, finishing in the top 4 is not out of the question with a new manager...it is certainly out of the question if a) we don't get them fast and b) they are not given the funds.

My biggest concern with the current situation is not who has/has not turned them down, it is rather, that the process is so public and apparently haphazard. But I think I can give FSG a bit of leeway on this though.

From what I understand, KD (despite his professions of love for the club) put FSG in a no win situation as he would not take a job "upstairs" which I understand was offered to him. By then, they had already made the decision to axe him but he turned around and made the situation worse for the club as with him gone and no replacement, there was no apparent head...had he stayed on, unity would have been shown and at lease there would have been a figurehead keeping things together and the process would have been far smoother.

My guess is that where FSG messed up was that they expected him to stay and so were caught flat footed. Things now seem to be worse because the search is so public.

However, where they did not screw up, was moving swiftly to execute and turn KD out to pasture. He cannot escape the enormity of the 120m pound investment for what was a woefully inadequate return. Kudos to FSG for showing ambition.

I also don't think they should go "back to the future" with Rafa. While I admire Rafa and think he would have done far better with the 120m than KD, failure on his part would FSG back in a tough spot in having to sack a manager who has achieved legendary status on the Kop. They need a seasoned manager - not a young one - who has been there and done that. Rijkaard remains my choice. Just my two cents.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

The notion that Rafa a legend should not get the spot because he will cast an immovable shadow over FSG is ridiculous, whomever we get and they become sucessfull will cast his own immovable shadow that if it begins to fail will force FSG hand to sack him.

Rafa should be spoken to, my issues are its too public ,with too many qualified rejections.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

As mi tell unnu is not a easy job to choose a coach. I doubt the owners want to shell out too much cash after giving KD nuff last year. A lot of owners are wary of Rafa after he publicly bawl out on Liverpool and Inter owners. In the short term Rafa is a good choice to quell the KD backlash but he will want instant spending.

A young coach is going to be under pressure from the go and it is not like Aston Villa who have had two terrible managers(granted Hollier was ill and the owner choosing a Birmingham man). Now they are open to a young coach but Liverpool job need at least a steady hand with some experience who can come in and start good or he will be under pressure from the get go.

Good luck, hope unnu get a good manager.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Rafa would not need a dime,The owners should have told Kenny,you have until christmas and all we have for you is 15 million to spend and you dont have to sell anyone.

Any manager not familar with the squd will want to build his own and that cost money .FSG screwed up.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
            The notion that Rafa a legend should not get the spot because he will cast an immovable shadow over FSG is ridiculous, whomever we get and they become sucessfull will cast his own immovable shadow that if it begins to fail will force FSG hand to sack him. Rafa should be spoken to, my issues are its too public ,with too many qualified rejections.
            X - the difference is that if we get someone who is successful, then that is a good "immovable shadow" and of course, failure's downside doesn't also bring problems as would be the case with Rafa (as it has been with KD). Rafa is not the right person simply because the downside risk is too great. I agree that the issues are public, but note that no one from the club has said a word about who they have approached. The problem is that the people that have been approached have been unprofessional in opening up their trap - like Wigan's Chairman. Still, handled properly, it shouldn't be so out in the open. I am praying that they speak to Rijkaard.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I agree Rikkard is a good replacement but i could never rule out Rafa because he has a proven track record of success.

Comment

Rafa would. When went to Inter with a decent squad it didnt take long for him to start asking for money. That is why he fell out with the board.

I wouldn't blame him to ask for money either because when you come in as a new manager you need a little wiggle room. It is in the long run I think the problem is because most of these american owners are more concerned about the business than spending, as oppose to a City and Chelsea.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Rafa went to an injured Inter Squad, or when It got injuries to key or ageing players he asked for money and he was right , Inter has fallen because of the same issues Rafa has raised.

Rafa would get more out of that squad than Kenny easily, he is past the learning curve and at the teaching curve.

Incidentally talk about asking for money, who ask for money like Mourinho or bawls about management like Mourinho ?

Yet Liverpool want him ?

Comment

Liverpool snubbed again as De Boer becomes latest to turn down Anfield post

By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
                    PUBLISHED: 03:23 EST, 21 May 2012 | UPDATED: 08:00 EST, 21 May 2012

Frank de Boer has become the latest candidate to turn down the vacant Liverpool managerial post after insisting he wants to stay at Ajax.

Owners Fenway Sports Group turned their attention to the Dutchman after Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers rejected the chance to talk to the club's owners last week.

Rejection: De Boer has turned down Liverpool

'I am honoured by the request, but I am only just getting started with Ajax,' De Boer told De Telegraaf.

'In Amsterdam we are on a new path and, along with the club and Wim Jonk and Dennis Bergkamp, my colleagues in the technical heart, I want to bring good things.

In the running: Andre Villas-Boas (left) and Roberto Martinez (right)

Top gong: De Boer has won two successive Dutch league titles

Favourites for the job:

Andre Villas-Boas 11/8
                    Roberto Martinez 11/4
                    Frank Rijkaard 10/1
                    Rafael Benitez 10/1
                    Brendan Rodgers 10/1

'That's why I will stay loyal to Ajax in the coming years.'
                    Favourite for the job Andre Villas-Boas revealed on Sunday that he is in no rush to decided where his next job will be, saying: 'I'm still choosing the right project and that decision will take the necessary time.'
                    Former England boss Fabio Capello and Wigan manager Roberto Martinez are also on the shortlist for the job.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1vW7vspk0

Comment

The fact is Jose don't wash his dirty linen in the public about his dissatisfaction with their lack of monetary support. Rafa need to realise that this is a no win for him.

Comment

Crap, no one bitches like Mourinho, Shev!Same ******** he did at Inter & Real , cry for transfer funds , BTW are these facts of yours opninions ?

But things have not gone exactly to plan this season, with Sir Alex Ferguson steering his Manchester United side to top spot in the league and Mourinho seemingly unhappy about the lack of transfer funds available in January

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footbal...#ixzz1vWX09WMq
                        Last edited by Sir X; May 21, 2012, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Fact is: Murinho has the titles to back up his big spendings.
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

That is a fact...lol

Comment

Crap, no one bitches like Mourinho, Shev!Same ******** he did at Inter & Real , cry for transfer funds , BTW are these facts of yours opninions ?

When did you hear Jose call out the owners as Rafa did at Liverpool? Who else after wining a thropy and celebrating call out the directors about buying and imagine these were the same players who won the double a few month prior.

He needs to do it in the boardroom not doing it to get fans involved. He is the only manger I have seen done this twice in the public eye.

Comment

Working...
                              X