Fuller and role going forward!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuller and role going forward!

Just to clarify just in case of any misunderstandings.

Fuller, while I believe he has been our best forward over the past 5-10 years both from a potential standpoint and in terms of actual achievement, he cannot make my current squad based on what he has done over the past two years plus also compared to what we currently have between king, Cummings, shelton, Johnson, possibly mattocks need to see him get 10 plus games under belt with Nuff more minutes to get a better feel at this level. The same is also true for Ricardo gardener , minutes played and matches played in current games is what needs to be looked at first and foremost.

Johnson should start as the Offensive midfield behind the forwards. Baddaz repect, I hope Tappa see that.

Fuller is hungry and if he starts he must have instuctions not to hold up the ball. Still a very big threat.

Currently if you ask me Mapp/Nugsby/Jermaine Taylor/ possible Nathan Smith in defense. That give the midfielders and forward enough confidence to go forward. No more midfielders masking as wingback.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      Johnson should start as the Offensive midfield behind the forwards. Baddaz repect, I hope Tappa see that.

Fuller is hungry and if he starts he must have instuctions not to hold up the ball. Still a very big threat.

Currently if you ask me Mapp/Nugsby/Jermaine Taylor/ possible Nathan Smith in defense. That give the midfielders and forward enough confidence to go forward. No more midfielders masking as wingback.
      Sass i would suggest the system that suits the players that we have is a 3-4-3 system, i know it is an unusual system only Napoli and Wigan i can think of that uses it. I would play Nosworthy, Mariappa and Taylor as the back 3 then Humphrey on the right, Demar Phillips on the left, Rudy Austin and Marvin Elliott as the central 2 then the front 3 would be Omar Cummings on the right, Ryan Johnson on the left and Marlon King leading the line.

-----------------------Donovan Ricketts-------------------------------

------Mariappa------- Nosworthy------- Taylor-----------------------

Chris Humphrey---- Marvin Elliott---- Rudolph Austin------- Demar Phillips

----Omar Cummings--------------------------------- Ryan Taylor-------

-------------------------Marlon King-----------------------------------

Comment

my problem is most of the wingbacks used are good going forward but not good at recovering and once we overcomit in the final third the US or teams like Mexico is just going play a ball over the top to the wing, as the US do in the Gold cup, pull defense out of the middle and open it up.

Just like the US did in the Gold cup. On a small field like stadium we can use that formation but on the big fields and away we better use a more defensive format.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

my problem is most of the wingbacks used are good going forward but not good at recovering and once we overcomit in the final third the US or teams like Mexico is just going play a ball over the top to the wing, as the US do in the Gold cup, pull defense out of the middle and open it up.

Just like the US did in the Gold cup. On a small field like stadium we can use that formation but on the big fields and away we better use a more defensive format.
          Humphrey is full of running and is extremely hard working, Marvin Elliott will cover every blade of grass in midfield for you Austin take no prisoners and Demar Phillips has been the most consistent player for Jamaica in recent times so must be a starter and you know what you will get from the front 3.

Comment

Yeah we need a midfielder like Elliott. Rudy Austin has not been patient, He is going forward too often, and Demar is excellent going forward but not as great tracking back. I have seen Humphrey a few time but he seems like a pure winger to me.

Comment

Yeah we need a midfielder like Elliott. Rudy Austin has not been patient, He is going forward too often, and Demar is excellent going forward but not as great tracking back. I have seen Humphrey a few time but he seems like a pure winger to me.
              Humphrey is disciplined he wont let anyone down.

Comment

You guys ever wonder why our best striker over the past 5 to 10 years who some believe is still a threat has never gotten us past the 1st round?..Fuller has the worst goal scoring record as our forward and that includes minnows like berrmuda and Guyana ,if yuh. hoping im nuhh hug up Di ball because he is given clear instructions not to ! then mi must ask are you lucid?....do you think he was given instructions not to in the past?
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

If he is given instructions then that is wher the coach comes in. If he is not doing what the coach want him t do the coach can send a message by taking him off in the first half.

Comment

Are you lucid?10 years and he hasn't been following instructions or would you rather believe none was given to him,you know where i stand with Fuller and Shelton they are fighting for a place on Jamaica bench.
                    Do we have time for this madness again in another campaign,it should. be King and Johnson or Cummings or Richards.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

If he is given instructions then that is wher the coach comes in. If he is not doing what the coach want him t do the coach can send a message by taking him off in the first half.
                      While 6 goals in 53 games for Jamaica is a pathetic return i dont think previous managers have managed to get the best out of him.

Comment

who told you he hasn't followed instructions? The fact is most of our player often over dribble, hold the ball longer than when they pay for their club. Fuller is not alone with this, they feel they are superstar when they play for the Reggae boyz and this is something for the coaching staff to address.

Right now Richards is not n form.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                          Are you lucid?10 years and he hasn't been following instructions or would you rather believe none was given to him,you know where i stand with Fuller and Shelton they are fighting for a place on Jamaica bench.
                          Do we have time for this madness again in another campaign,it should. be King and Johnson or Cummings or Richards.
                          I agree with the comment about the strikers who should be starting however i still believe Fuller can make a big contribution.

Comment

Ok suh dem neva give im good instructions fi 10 years....lol...Boss yuh a ear mi Fulla a club balla and if wi put our hopes on im like wi ave in Di past,wi dseserve wah wi get t BTW im caan even mekk im club side.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                              Ok suh dem neva give im good instructions fi 10 years....lol...Boss yuh a ear mi Fulla a club balla and if wi put our hopes on im like wi ave in Di past,wi dseserve wah wi get t BTW im caan even mekk im club side.
                              A different era now Jamaica have a lot more options upfront so i can't seeing fuller having too much influence other than being a bit part player.

Comment

Working...
                              X