Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some details

On the friendly last night, anyone?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Jamaica scored a goal in the second half, by Lynch and that was it. Guyana didnt score any goals, so Jamaica won 1-0.
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

how many shot, shots on goal, possession ???

Comment

one man words from ova so

As I entered Mobay I was tickled by the beauty of the scenery, how extraordinarily curved are our women, its phenomenal...before I crashed I had to get hold of myself, park the car, then enter the stadium.

Alas, entry...stadium seats wet from the rain that fell earlier...hopefully this was not a sign of things to come...Goat Mouth to rahtid!

The game began in its usual way, Jamaica playing the ball around, while the other team, Guyana, chased to gain control...we looked comfortable, except we were going nowhere, the midfield was flatfooted, and the forwards were playing wide apart....Deja Vu?

Being the first match, with the jitters that come along and the foolish exuberance that can linger, silly mistakes I can overlook...they were few, but what stood out for me, was the fact that our backline won most balls thrown their way quite comfortably. I don't think I need to say much about the backline...except I think we found our leader in the back in Nyron Nosworthy. Nathan Smith looked very solid to me, and I really like Virgo...Mapps, looked fantastic for a short man...he won every aerial ball over Cort...who is quite taller than him might I add, read the game sublimely, but ofcourse few jitters here and there

It became very obvious that there was absolutely no cohesion in the middle, so I started to watch specific players....First I started with Dada Daley...very discouraging, though he had some good touches, he was playing like a pre-madona in high heels on a football pitch...WTH! Moving right along, I noticed that Grandison looked rather comfortable playing alongside Rohan Reid, but Senior stayed very wide of Dada, Senior was not his usual roaming miraging self, but he did make a few nice sequences with Xavian Virgo that showed me that there was some quality. The revelation came with the introduction of Errol Stevens. Finally someone who wasn't afraid to teck it to dem...and also recovered and made first tackle on losing his ball...His time on the pitch wasn't long enough for me to be fair in judging his appropriateness, remember he came on to instructions, how would he play starting....

The whole Game I cuss how Whitmore have Shelton stranded on the wing and Lynch in the middle, no rotation from them, no movement, nothing just stagnant...frozen to positions...I cuss Lynch from now till thy kingdom come. One thing that was for sure, him slight, but he runs back and tackles with tenacity. I can appreciate that. Shelton was just that a shell..out of touch maybe, I don't know, but he got a sitter just like Lynch did, scuffed his shot with no pressure on him, and kicked it straight to the keeper....madonna? WTH!

What I do know, is there is no way, Lynch can start over Cummings, Ryan Johnson, Fuller, King, Dino Williams, Shelton....

I did not enjoy this game because IMO Guyana was a bug side to be squashed. They had no cohesiveness, some skill, no technical ability, and dem dash weh d ball unda pressure...we failed to capitalize and we could have lost the game because we never killed them off.

A win is a win however, ugly or pretty...I don't think I will be attending that stadium again, unless invited by one of those curvaceous phenomenons.

PS...I think in almost all my reports recently I have complained about our poor midfield...sigh, I wish someone would tell Dada warming the bench for Preston is no great achievement. Play for Real Madrid, then u can wear all the high heels u want...geeesh!

• Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You mean to tell me YOU were not at the game Maudib!!??

Darn!!!

You gots the nerves to be axing for update.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

ggeeeezz sa Sasko if the man who scored the goal cant start over the big 4 who u named them we not in a bad position then

Comment

One thing i am sure of is we can stop worrying about our defense, all we need now is to find 1 midfielder who can control the game and create.

Comment

is that all ?

di whola unnuh muss memba dat when yuh tink about retiring genius early..

who memba di "Tappa Dun" arguments..

who cyaan hear will feel..

38 dem drag Milla out of retirement...

Comment

...yuh did guh a de game? You said you would.

Please give the forum a first had assessment.

Thanks in advance.

Oh...BTW:
                  HL suh maudibb...a tek it dat you a... May 16th, 2012, 10:19 AM.
                  Muadib do you support yuh babylon team ? May 16th, 2012, 11:03 AM.
                  HL ...this i have to see.. May 16th, 2012, 11:33 AM.
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

not a Gladys like you..

Comment

yuh nevah ask if mi was a guh di game...

yuh ask if mi a guh support di team..

You need to brush up on your patois.. what happen tuh yuh "How to speak Jamaican" book ?

Comment

Working...
                      X