Jose wants more credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose wants more credit

<DIV class=storyimageright>Monday 05 Mar 2007 </DIV><DIV class=storyimageright>Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho thinks he deserves more praise for the season his side have enjoyed, considering the injuries to key players he has had to contend with.</DIV><DIV class=storyimageright>Petr Cech, John Terry, Joe Cole and Ashley Cole have all been sidelined for lengthy spells but Mourinho's side have already won the Carling Cup and remain in contention to taste glory in the Champions League, FA Cup and Premiership.</DIV><DIV class=storyimageright>
    JOSE MOURINHO Chelsea are close to sealing a place in the quarter-finals of Europe's premier competition after drawing the first leg of their last 16 clash at FC Porto 1-1 and Mourinho is happy with his side's current form.</DIV><DIV class=storyimageright>"This team deserves to win more," he said. "My motivation is that, at the end of the season, they have another cup in their hands.</DIV><DIV class=storyimageright>"Because we are second in the Premiership, people think our work has not been so good as in seasons before. I think exactly the opposite.</DIV><DIV class=storyimageright>To have the results we have [had], I'm not saying it's a miracle, I'm not saying it's a job for Superman. I am saying my players deserve more credit.</DIV><DIV class=storyimageright></DIV><DIV class=storyimageright><BR clear=all>JOSE MOURINHO </DIV><P nd="4">"Nobody [could have done a better job]. I put pressure on myself because I want to win.<P nd="4">"I am not under any pressure to win something else because the only pressure I am under is from the pressure I put on myself.<P nd="4">"I don't accept pressure from other people. I don't get depressed. If the club decides to sack me because of bad results, that's part of the game.<P nd="4">"If that happens, I will be a millionaire and I will get another club a couple of months later. I cannot win every week, every year.<P nd="4">"But I have family, my kids are healthy, I have a lot of friends, I have a good life - pressure of what? I put myself under pressure, just like I did when playing three against three in the street as a kid. I like to win - but pressure? No way." <P nd="4">Copyright 4thegame.com<P nd="4">
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

RE: Jose wants more credit

More credit fi wha? Jose have 3 players fi each position, suh whats the fuss? Nobody see that the toughest game Chelsea played in the Carling Cup ..was the final. All their ties were played at Stamford Bridge against teams in the lower leagues.

In the FA Cup ... again, they are yet to play away from Stamford Bridge. I'm curious how much was paid for such favourable draws.

More credit fi foot.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
    X