Holt requests transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holt requests transfer

Norwich City striker Grant Holt has had a transfer request rejected by the club, following a season in which he scored 15 Premier League goals.

GettyImagesHot has led the line for Nowich during a successful debut Premier League season

Holt, 31, was omitted from the England squad for Euro 2012 earlier this week, having finished the season as the second top-scoring English striker in the league.
    On Friday, though, Holt has shocked his employers by handing-in a transfer request which was swiftly rejected. The striker joined Norwich from Shrewsbury in 2009, for a reported fee of £400,000.
    Holt's consistent supply of goals were a big reason behind the Canaries rise to the Premier League, firing his side to consecutive promotions from League 1 and then the Championship.
    The news follows speculation linking manager Paul Lambert with a move away from the club, with the Scot linked with the vacant managerial positions at Aston Villa and Liverpool.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

you think him heading for Liverpool?

One good season and these players think they can walk into any side.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Holt's consistent supply of goals were a big reason behind the Canaries rise to the Premier League, firing his side to consecutive promotions from League 1 and then the Championship.
      One good season?

Comment

Looks like a probable big money buy for Liverpool.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

request DENIED!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

31 years old? Give the guy a break...sell him and let him earn some money before his career is done....

Comment

how about paying him some more??? Going somewhere else migh shorten hs career, who is to tell he is going to repeat this in the Prem?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
              X