York retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York retires

Sunderland midfielder Dwight Yorke has announced his retirement from international football.

The former Trinidad and Tobago captain, 35, wants to concentrate on the Black Cats' promotion campaign.

Yorke said: 'It's been a great personal and professional honour to play and captain Trinidad and Tobago over the years and I hope that I have contributed to the success of the team over that time.

'I believe the time is now right for me to concentrate on my career at Sunderland and hopefully win promotion to the Premiership.

'I would like to thank all my fellow team-mates from Trinidad and Tobago who have given me such support and our fantastic fans who are unique in the world.'

Yorke led the Soca Warriors to their first World Cup last year and had a spell in Australia with Sydney FC before returning to join his former Manchester United team-mate, Roy Keane at Sunderland.

Yorke earned 59 official caps for Trinidad and Tobago and scored 26 goals but he also played over 100 matches for his country that were not recognised as international friendlies.

He retired from international football in 2001 with Falkirk midfielder Russell Latapy but returned to the team for the 2006 World Cup qualifying campaign.

RE: York retires

<DIV>(Clap)</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>There goes trini's football!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

oh i guess yuh nuh aware of lester peltier that them clubs whan sign ... yuh neva hear bout dowing and bartholemew theobald, findley roberts , telsford...

so stay and think we football dead you will be dead wrong

Comment

Yet again.....how much times has he retired from international football ?

Comment

<DIV>
          Tekulife (3/8/2007)Yet again.....how much times has he retired from international football ?
          </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>All dat again! </DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

dont worry shelton will be almost as good as yorke one day:w00t:

Comment

Working...
            X