Michael Carrick signals end of England career to FA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Carrick signals end of England career to FA

London: Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick has signaled the end of his England career by telling the Football Association he no longer wants to be a bit-part player.

Carrick's last England appearance came in a warm-up match against Mexico before the 2010 World Cup, although he was included in squads after the tournament by former coach Fabio Capello.

The 30-year-old Carrick has told the FA he wants to focus on his club football instead of being called up by England and consigned to the bench.

And coach Roy Hodgson says he "wouldn't dream of putting Michael Carrick on a standby list after he's made it clear in the past he doesn't want to be involved like that."

Carrick has played 22 times for England.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Rahtid Carrick a 30 already? Didn't realize that.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

what wrong with these spoiled English kids? One game them nuh get selected and them turn in their badge. And you wonder why England can't win anything.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        what wrong with these spoiled English kids? One game them nuh get selected and them turn in their badge. And you wonder why England can't win anything.

No bredren ... its not one game. Since going to MU Carrick has played in 3 UCL finals winning one. Won 4 EPL titles yet some lilkke man whey cyaan win a ting constantly a get pick ahead of him? Walk away yes!

Comment

70% of the English players them when them nuh get pick retire. He doesn't have to retire, leave the option open.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            70% of the English players them when them nuh get pick retire. He doesn't have to retire, leave the option open.
            Why? The man a play fi a team BIGGER than England. He needs to rest up for the benefit of the team.

Comment

him have Spanish or Brazillian passport or Jamaican passport ????

Comment

From Wiki:

"He has been a member of the England squads for two major tournaments; the 2006 and 2010 World Cups. In the first competition, he appeared in one group stage match but didn't manage to play a single minute of the latter tournament."
                "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                - Xavi

Comment

The man not spoiled. Him and Paul Scholes (yes Scholes) are currently England's 2 best central mids...but they not in the team. I would retire as well. The FA chose the wrong manager. It should have been Allardyce or Rednapp.

Comment

Working...
                  X