RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rafa or Martinez? Which Spaniard will get the call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rafa or Martinez? Which Spaniard will get the call?

Sky reports that Martinez and Rafa are at the top of the list to replace KD. My question to you is who between these two makes the most sense? I am struggling with returning to the frustration of seeing Rafa's stinginess in the defense department clouding his ability to build an attacking line up with width (too stingy - don't like width) versus the swashbuckling and ballsy approach that we saw from the young Martinez who boldly switched to a 3-4-3 formation to great effect later in the Wigan campaign.

If you had to pick between the two of them FOR YOUR TEAM, who would you pick? Why?
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

martinez ..... not a fan of "going back"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Unuh no si seh Rafa days done, overrated him career flop!!

Comment

going back to an ex can never be the same ...... the cause of the break up and the feelings would hang over the relationship like a pall, marin even!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

For my team? My team have a manager already .... for Liverpool ... Rafa.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

well marin, tek sleep mark deat'!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              For my team? My team have a manager already .... for Liverpool ... Rafa.
              Eedy boo... the point is that HYPOTHETICALLY, if your team DIDN'T have a manager who would you select. And is badmine' why you pick Rafa, don' tink seh mi don' know!!!
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Unnuh fraid a Rafa,no more sell to buy,rafa can buy the quality he wants and fix di midfield, run ferraud! Champions league again and of course the prem.
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                  Unuh no si seh Rafa days done, overrated him career flop!!
                  Dunny - Rafa's days are far from done. He is waiting on the right opportunity. The problem with him coming back to Liverpool is that he brings a shadow with him, so there may be factions amongst the supporters that would not want to go back. However, if Martinez is the only other choice, what record does he have to stand on? Keeping teams out of relegation? Is that what my proud club has become? ~groan... Given both options, I would cross my fingers, hold my nose and vote for Martinez, if he builds a Liverpool squad like Wigan's, Suarez will have many new black friends (but he better not call them his "amigos negros" which is the literal spanish translation of "black friends", lest he be branded a racist) to photo op and score nuff goals with. Martinez - given just the two choices - would get my vote. Rijkaard remains my first choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                    Dunny - Rafa's days are far from done. He is waiting on the right opportunity. The problem with him coming back to Liverpool is that he brings a shadow with him, so there may be factions amongst the supporters that would not want to go back. However, if Martinez is the only other choice, what record does he have to stand on? Keeping teams out of relegation? Is that what my proud club has become? ~groan... Given both options, I would cross my fingers, hold my nose and vote for Martinez, if he builds a Liverpool squad like Wigan's, Suarez will have many new black friends (but he better not call them his "amigos negros" which is the literal spanish translation of "black friends", lest he be branded a racist) to photo op and score nuff goals with. Martinez - given just the two choices - would get my vote. Rijkaard remains my first choice.
                    Do you think Jose mourinho Arsene Wenger or Alex Ferguson could've done better with Wigan on thier budget?

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                      Do you think Jose mourinho Arsene Wenger or Alex Ferguson could've done better with Wigan on thier budget?
                      That's a great question. Considering Liverpool had a net spend of £37m and Wigan had a net spend of £1m pounds, one has to tip your hat to Martinez who barely swapped a six for a half dozen. By contrast, Arsenal made £11m in the window and Slurgie spend net £36m...so the answer based on budget would be a) Arsene would have done better and b) Slurgie would not have. Same for JM as Slurgie...but I don't have figures. [Edit: I just found it - RM spent +£41m in 2011-12 on their squad).

However, that is an academic issue to me. The real question is whether he would have gotten Liverpool to the title or top 4 with a net £37m budget in the transfer market. The honest answer is - "I don't think so". This is not because I don't think Martinez is capable, but rather that £37m is not enough starting with what we have. I will (when I find time) do a tally of the net from players out against what I think we need to bring in and tell you what kind of spending FSG have to do to contend for the title (with the right manager).
                      Last edited by Paul Marin; May 16, 2012, 06:20 PM.

Comment

The bookies have installed Villas-Boas as the favourite now. What you guys think about that?

Comment

it comes down to one two things. One if the owner want to play it safe with the fans then they would go for Rafa but in the long run it will cost them headache because of Rafa constant bawling in the public domain for money.

Martinez will work with a small budget and can explain himself very well, young and ambitious. It will be if Fenway are willing to take that big chance.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            it comes down to one two things. One if the owner want to play it safe with the fans then they would go for Rafa but in the long run it will cost them headache because of Rafa constant bawling in the public domain for money.

Martinez will work with a small budget and can explain himself very well, young and ambitious. It will be if Fenway are willing to take that big chance.

Which one would you do?

Comment

Whelan advises Martinez against Reds

May 16, 2012
                              By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent
                              Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has told ESPN that he would advise his manager Roberto Martinez, the favourite to succeed Kenny Dalglish, to steer clear of the vacant manager's position at Liverpool.

Whelan was shocked when ESPN broke the news to him of Dalglish's sacking, even though it had been expected, and he believes that Liverpool need to find a completely new management structure."The club have great supporters, but the place is a morgue, a desolate place, without heart, all I can say is what a shame for their supporters," he said.

"The club needs a management structure, it needs a boardroom filled with the people running the club. When we went there, there was Alan Hansen welcoming people, it was a bit embarrassing to be honest, although he was doing his best."

Whelan also insisted that the Reds should be treating the man known as 'the King' with more respect. "They shouldn't be sacking Kenny Dalglish, they should be making him chairman, let him run the place," he continued. "As for a new manger, I am sure they might want my manager, but he's been the favourite for the West Brom job, then favourite for the Aston Villa job, now he's favourite for the Liverpool job. "I don't know who they will appoint, they have to sort themselves out, all I can tell you is that I haven't had an approach for Roberto.

"I hope Roberto is with me for the start of the new season, but in football you can never tell. I do know that he is an honest man, and if he is approached by anyone he will tell me about it. "If Roberto thought he could go to another club because that club was so big and the challenge so great he couldn't resist it, then I would step aside and let him, but I wouldn't think he should go to Liverpool, he would be better off with us." Martinez, who has impressed in four seasons at the DW Stadium, would look an obvious choice for the position at Liverpool, though Rafael Benitez would be a popular choice among many Liverpool fans. However, Fenway Sports Group, the American owners, will perhaps not wish to go for the sentimental choice once again.
                              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                              X