• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Pulis pays tribute to Fuller

Pulis Full of praise

PASTURES NEW? ... Fuller could be off

By GRAEME BRYCE

Published: 12th May 2012

TONY PULIS paid tribute to Ricardo Fuller — calling him a one-off.

Stoke striker Fuller is out of contract following the battle with Bolton and is uncertain of his future.

Boss Pulis pegs the Jamaican as one of the club’s best signings.

He said: “Ric is different in every way. He’s a great lad who comes from a different culture, there are so many sides to him.

“You like him, dislike him. Love him and hate him. You get mad with him, but you always appreciate him!

“We paid Southampton £200,000 for him, rising to £500,000, and people said then he was a risk.

“But look at the part he’s played. He’s been phenomenal for us, a truly fantastic player.”

Fuller, 32, has been Stoke’s top scorer on four occasions, scoring 50 goals in 207 appearances.

He helped lead Stoke to the Premier League in 2008 and scored their first goal in it — against Bolton.

On Fuller’s future, Pulis added: “It’s something we’ll discuss, we’ve still yet to decide on that.”
    Last edited by Karl; May 13, 2012, 10:04 PM.

Pulis want a man lick him with a hammer over his head. Bury Fuller down the pecking order. Him should have started fuller and Crouch most of the season.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

he was injured most of the season
      Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

He came back from about Novemeber.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Pity!

....but as afterthought - Could it be that it finally came down to Fuller not being disciplined enough as a player to use his undoubted fantastic ability to pry open opponents' defenses to contribute more to TEAM?

...or is it all about not trusting his body? We should remember he has been out injuried for some appreciable period.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
          X