Mi curious! Has any NPL team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mi curious! Has any NPL team

ever break even much less made a profit as yet? Why? Well, after seeing Bruce's poll question and seeing people voting All of the above, I really have to wonder if people do things off emotions or would they do something because it is good business decision?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Mi curious! Has any NPL team

There is a big potential for the NPL to make money. It would take a brave investor with a strong financial backing to do it however. But it's how the NPL is packaged and marketed.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Jangle (3/7/2007)There is a big potential for the NPL to make money. It would take a brave investor with a strong financial backing to do it however. But it's how the NPL is packaged and marketed.
      Jangle, Jamaica's football need serious revamping. Too many teams, too many leagues, not enough talent to make the product attractive. Jamaica's football need somebody with balls that can keep it real and do what needs to be done.

I recall Boxhill saying that a study or something like that would be done of the NPL. Here I was thinking him serious, who dem use? People that are already involved in the league.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazy again not too many leagues.

No country have leagues like England and the USA. Why didn't the US federation not use the existing A league model?

Because like the NPL the federation don't have too much control and many of the teams were not run by businessmen but as community teams.

The JFF need to do something similar and spread out the teams and use a model for investment or it will continue same way. currently you can donate a money to a team but none of these teams are owned. Yes you has quasi owenership and management which create a problem. For wealth to be created there has to be ownership, not community ownership.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Whats the population of England? How old is the USA league? How old is the Jamaican league? By the way, how leagues Jamaica have? Each parish have a D1 and a DII (remember KASAFA is one) suh thats 26 + NPL+Eastern Confed (not certain if other confeds have leagues) .. thats what 28 leagues and I'm certain I'm missing some. So many leagues, so many teams competing for the same $? People .. we been doing the same thing over the years time a different approach is taken.

Sass, I can bet you if someone outside the box should do a SWOT analysis of Jamaica's football well ... nuff said.

The JFF need to do something similar and spread out the teams and use a model for
          Mi affi give yuh credit ... yuh starting to see things my way.

Comment

<DIV>Remember the economy, yes the same one you blame the PNP for. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>It is extremely difficult for the NPL teams to make money, or for the league itself to be some serious cash cow. How many leagues around the world are profitable and how many teams are?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>That said, we could do a better job making some money. </DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (3/7/2007)<DIV>Remember the economy, yes the same one you blame the PNP for. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>It is extremely difficult for the NPL teams to make money, or for the league itself to be some serious cash cow. How many leagues around the world are profitable and how many teams are?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>That said, we could do a better job making some money. </DIV>
              There a popular Jamaican saying, "puss and dwag nuh have the same luck." I actually started typing something about the economy, but I didn't want my post to be deleted as mostof the ites are ultra sensitive when it comes to dem religion.

With the amount of teams and the amount of leagues, itismuch harder for any team to be anywherecloseto making a profit.

We already have an islandwide NPL, create an islandwide DI and possibly DII. As a football fanatic, I could only attend games on Saturdays and Sundays as man affi work.

Leave the parish associations to develop and run youth leagues that would help to improve the talent base.

Comment

<DIV>Beg yuh stop di foolishness, Lazie. We do not spend our days deleting posts.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Let's not start idle rumours that make people start thinking all sorts of things.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah, T.K. came here .. well on the previous forum and declared Football Friday. I said okay, and I asked if we're able to start a professional league with the state of the economy. There were some more questions, but the masses saw it as me being politicial.

I've said it time and again, politics affect every aspect of our lives. EVEN THE FOOTBALL!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X