RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liverpool a murder Chelski; Who really cares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehe me see that setup about a mile out. Lol
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
      GazX - the incentive is CLEAR. Had you won, you would have had 64 points on 37 games. This would have been 3 behind Arsenal, 2 behind Spurs and 1 behind Newcastle. If on the final day, there are a number of results (long shots I agree) that would have gotten to the UCL but at least you would have given yourself a chance. Now you have to win the UCL to get back...and that's a tough call (doable, but tough).
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ool?CMP=twt_gu

Roberto Di Matteo says no regrets over selection for Liverpool game • We've played every three days over the last eight weeks.

We've played with these players all season and they've carried us so far. It's been demanding for us and I thought that by putting a fresh team out would give us a better chance. We have been using the strength that we have in the squad to be able to be here but we've lost many points during the whole season and you can't just look at tonight. We've played every three days over eight weeks and we've had to utilise the strength in the squad to reach the finals and to be as close as we were with two games left."

Chelsea had only an outside chance of finishing above Tottenham and Newcastle in the table before kick-off and must now now beat Bayern Munich in the Champions League on 19 May to return to the European elite next term. i Matteo added: "The final is a one off game. It was always going to be a high pressure game. But we have to be objective as well because we've played 37 games and I don't think it's the point we lost today that cost us. We hit the post and then the crossbar and that could have changed the game a little bit."Victory ensured Liverpool avoided equalling the club's lowest return of home wins in a top flight campaign at Anfield and left Kenny Dalglish enthused at the reaction to the FA Cup final defeat.

Comment

Working...
      X