Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casting Pearls before Swine..

some ah wi ah nuh swine doh..

<And, of course, this was the Theodore Whitmore show. I saw him score for us in his second game at Rochdale getting towards two years ago now, when his impossible skill won us that match. I marvelled that we had such a man and wondered how long we could possibly hang on to him. All this time later and I'm so glad that marvel and wonder still attend his outings for us. Notionally he was a second striker, sometimes he dropped off Alexander so we played 4-3-1-1, more often, as Williams and Beresford rocketed up the wings like startled birds he turned, watched, weighed up the options to perfection and dropped the ball into their paths with the casual air of one setting down a well-cooked meal for a loved one that he just KNOWS is going to be appreciated.>

More pearls..

<6-1. A humiliating score line but on reflection this was against a side who can put 5 past Man Utd. City can let 3 goals in against ******** like Shrewsbury so the depth in class is evident. We scored, the club made some more money from gate receipts and TV coverage (Sky & Match of the Day) and possibly the best player on the pitch was one of our side. The mighty Theodore Whitmore showed the watching public why he has been voted Jamaicas best ever player, won 98 caps and apparently Coventry have bid 3Million for him. He will probably have gone by Christmas but if we get 1-2 Million the club will finally be set up and completely free from debt. The deal for Whitmore is really just a marketing exercise to sell him onto a bigger club and agents, previous clubs and player will get a nice % of any deal. Still 1-2 Million for a free transfer from Jamaica isn’t bad>

Comment

Man dem seh it muss be Weed to ********...

<Theodore Whitmore was given a Standing Ovation after being Subbed in the 81min mark....he produced a fantastic peformance showing a range of excellent passing & dribbling skills....and you cud clearly see that he's enjoying every minute of his football:
      He managed 2 get himself on the scoresheet aswell with a cool finish 1on1 after dribling past 2 defenders....The fans also game up wid a new song for him:

#ohhhh ahhhh i wanna knooooowwwww y you r so class...is ash,is it grass,is it hash that makes u so class#
      >

Comment

<THEODORE WHITMORE gave a midfield masterclass less than 24 hours after returning from international duty with Jamaica.

Whitmore put Hull ahead when he struck on 16 minutes, but it was the superb skills he showed to set up a string of chances that delighted the supporters.

He almost made the points safe midway through the second half when his superb chip forced a great save out of Jon Sheffield>

Mastah unnuh fi call him...

Comment

Calm down Maudib, just remember what division Hull was playing in those days!!

Comment

your point ??

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
              <THEODORE WHITMORE gave a midfield masterclass less than 24 hours after returning from international duty with Jamaica.

Whitmore put Hull ahead when he struck on 16 minutes, but it was the superb skills he showed to set up a string of chances that delighted the supporters.

He almost made the points safe midway through the second half when his superb chip forced a great save out of Jon Sheffield>

Mastah unnuh fi call him...

My point is unless you are performing at the highest level consistently you cant be regarded as world class. No doubt at all Tappa was masterful for Hull City and will always be a legend there.

Comment

I have defined what I regard as World Class.. argue that point or start a new thread..

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                  Calm down Maudib, just remember what division Hull was playing in those days!!
                  He was no less dominant against Chelsea. Thoroughly embarassed Di Mateo, Poyet and Deschamps.

Comment

Those facts are already in evidence... I submit the fellow merley lacks the capacity to do basic extrapolation...

Yuh eiddah can play ball or yuh cyaan play ball.. yuh eiddah know ballah or yuh nuh know ballah..

Comment

Working...
                    X