The joke continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
    Dunny, let's leave Roy and Harry to the side. Except for rednose, who would you have selected to manage England - in the entire world - if you were the FA? Is that person better than Roy? Is that person English?
    Paul i personally dont think a manager who is successful in club football will be a guaranteed success at international football the simple fact being they dont have to go and get involved in transfers etc. I strongly oppose another nationality managing the team. In my opinion the English manager should be English the Jamaica manager should be Jamaican and such the like. If i was chosing the manager Glen Hoddle would've been my choice if not Roy Hodgson, Hoddle had the job and was doing excellent and lost the job for non football reasons, if not Hoddle then i would go for a younger coach like how Germany did it in the past with Franz Beckenbauer and recently with Klinnsman & Joachim Loew. Slaven Bilic(Croatia) Laurent Blanc (France) are young managers doing well.My choice would be either Stuart Pearce, Tony Adams, Gareth Southgate or Alan Pardew.

Comment

Regardless of the choice, the English FA has made a real mess out of this.

How can you wait until only 1 month before the start of the Euros to appoint someone?

Whoever got the job was always going to be behind the 8 ball with that kind of time frame.
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

in recent times how many coaches of the england team lose di wok "fi non-footballing reasons"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
          Regardless of the choice, the English FA has made a real mess out of this.

How can you wait until only 1 month before the start of the Euros to appoint someone?

Whoever got the job was always going to be behind the 8 ball with that kind of time frame.
          I dont think it matters at all, i cant see why people are making a big issue out of the timing of the appointment. The important time for the manager to be in place is for the final 2 friendly game and the build up to the tournament and he is already appointed so it's all good.

Comment

Man take Southgate outa that. He may talk well and might be a good "preparer" for the team but I don't think he is a good manager. Maybe him can pass the FA license but....

How about David Moyes, he is English?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Man take Southgate outa that. He may talk well and might be a good "preparer" for the team but I don't think he is a good manager. Maybe him can pass the FA license but....

How about David Moyes, he is English?
              David Moyes is Scottish and no i am a fan of Gareth Southgate, the guy is one of the brightest young football coaches about i had the chance to attend a coaching clinic that he made a contribution to when i was doing my FA Level 2 badge and was very impressed with him. He done well initially at Middlesborough before it went wrong but i wouldn't hold that against him, and like i said club managemnt is a different kettle of fish. Southgate already works for the FA as head of elite development so he wouldn't be a surpise appointment if it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                Paul i personally dont think a manager who is successful in club football will be a guaranteed success at international football the simple fact being they dont have to go and get involved in transfers etc. I strongly oppose another nationality managing the team. In my opinion the English manager should be English the Jamaica manager should be Jamaican and such the like. If i was chosing the manager Glen Hoddle would've been my choice if not Roy Hodgson, Hoddle had the job and was doing excellent and lost the job for non football reasons, if not Hoddle then i would go for a younger coach like how Germany did it in the past with Franz Beckenbauer and recently with Klinnsman & Joachim Loew. Slaven Bilic(Croatia) Laurent Blanc (France) are young managers doing well.My choice would be either Stuart Pearce, Tony Adams, Gareth Southgate or Alan Pardew.
                Other than Hoddle (and Pearce), none of those choices have international experience. Adams? Really? I guess where you and I differ most is that I don't think the national coach of a country has to come from that country. Where would Korea have gotten in 2002 without Hiddink? I think the country should hire the best manager it can afford. Interesting perspective on Southgate.
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
                X