Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream on Arsenal fans

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...as-quit-808790

Have you heard the one about Pep Guardiola being spotted house-hunting in Merseyside this morning? Well, he did say he wanted a year off from football...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why would we want Pep when we have the best man for the job?

Comment

two things stands out. First the sucess of Pep at Barca is the culture of Barca and how they play all the way up. Its not tactical magic its a culture of total football and that is hard to transfer from day Barca to Chelsea. I think Arsenal play the same way mabye not as open but I could see Wegner moving to say the England job or upstairs and saying Pep who he likes is the guy I want to replace me. But the liverpool thing is funny... A year off from football....

Comment

Sure Pep have the stamina and ready fi the long haul?

At 41 after a life of football, he may need to go enjoy life a little and miss the game before coming back.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

good point OJ and Pep himself came through the ranks at barca as a player so he embraced the philosphy and it is more of a continuation.

i wonder if he would be such an instant success at another club even with quality players ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              good point OJ and Pep himself came through the ranks at barca as a player so he embraced the philosphy and it is more of a continuation.

i wonder if he would be such an instant success at another club even with quality players ...
              Depends on what you mean by instant success. If yr talking winning the league then i'd say he have as good a chance as any manager with quality players in their ranks. If yr mean winning CL then i would have more doubts as where would he find players as good as inesta, Javi, and of course Mr Messi. Add to that that his tactics employed messi as a central figure and i cant see an equivalent player in the PL, Bundersliga, or italian league

Comment

Originally posted by GazX View Post
                Depends on what you mean by instant success. If yr talking winning the league then i'd say he have as good a chance as any manager with quality players in their ranks. If yr mean winning CL then i would have more doubts as where would he find players as good as inesta, Javi, and of course Mr Messi. Add to that that his tactics employed messi as a central figure and i cant see an equivalent player in the PL, Bundersliga, or italian league
                After the players he had at Barca, anything else would be arguably a step down...certainly Liverpool, that's for-f-ing-sure.
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                  After the players he had at Barca, anything else would be arguably a step down...certainly Liverpool, that's for-f-ing-sure.
                  Just a step down!!? Yuh being unfiair to Barca.

Comment

Originally posted by GazX View Post
                    Just a step down!!? Yuh being unfiair to Barca.
                    No...I am being kind to Liverpool.
                    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

....more like stepping down into the abyss.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                        ....more like stepping down into the abyss.
                        ...better than stepping into a pile of manure...LOL!!!

Comment

If i was manager of Barca i would win just as much trophy or more!!

Comment

With the talent he had on the field wining was expected. Show me a coach who overachieved with less talent and he will get ratings from me.
                            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                              With the talent he had on the field wining was expected. Show me a coach who overachieved with less talent and he will get ratings from me.
                              So you rate Otto Rehhagel?

Comment

Working...
                              X