So, where are those who spoke of the lower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, where are those who spoke of the lower

standard of the EPL, using the UCL as a supporting argument? Now a team in 6th spot in the league is in the finals of the UCL. This happening despite the lower standards of the EPL.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    standard of the EPL, using the UCL as a supporting argument? Now a team in 6th spot in the league is in the finals of the UCL. This happening despite the lower standards of the EPL.
    Mek people gwaan chat rubbish, it looks like they want a league where the two top teams win every game. The premier league is the most competitive league in Europe any team can get turn over at anytime.

Comment

Italian league is also very competitive right now. The German league too. Normally Bayern deh way out front but for the past few years they have struggled and others step up their game. Some entertaining football is been played in Germany too.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I am not a philosopher but to follow your logic my question is why isn't the top team in the EPL there then ? BTW I have no argument about relative competitiveness... I just like to see good football play and many EPL matches deliver that...
        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          well my co-worker who is from Spain, had this discussion a few mins ago, and he thinks that in La Liga the teams from 3-5 would have done very well in the EPL, and possible win it, based on the fact that they have 5 of the 6 semi finalist in the all European competitions....

I disagreed with him, as I pointed to the fact that RM and Barca is some 25+ pts ahead of the 3 place team, and it has been and will be like this for a while.
          Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

but your co workers point is well taken; if your league places those many finalists in those competitions it must say something....I mean who was in Europa? some BIG EPL sides and the two finalist were from Spain, how dat happen? looking at points difference may not tell the full story if you are comparing leagues...
            Peter R

Comment

Being a finalist in the European competition is not necessarily a true indicator of a league. Balboa is not doing so well in La Liga so they went all out for the Europa Cup. ManU was playing in the league for the first time and did not navigate it well. Fergie picked the wrong teams and got outplayed. Stoke was in it too and chose to focus on their EPL games. Atletico Madrid, Billboards, Valencia and many of the other Spanish clubs would struggle for points just the same if they were in the EPL. Their styles may be more attractive on the eyes, but by the time the return legs came around, teams like Stokes, Everton, Blackburn, and Bolton would wear them down and not allow them to play their natural game. Arsenal is the prime example as they are the closest team to the Spanish style.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The Europa League is seen as a joke competition in England so is not taken seriously by the bigger clubs.

Comment

some man love watch 'competitive' kick and run (and hoof) bitch ball.. some man love watch precision football and the beautiful game..

to each his own..

Comment

lol ! woiee !

Good ting di hinglis club dem tek CL seriously !

Chelsea certainly playing like dem life did depend on it.. man was ah hoof and a cowah widout apology !

lol !!

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                      some man love watch 'competitive' kick and run (and hoof) bitch ball.. some man love watch precision football and the beautiful game..

to each his own..

... there are those of who can appreciate both. Did you see the build up to the first goal Chelsea scored? What is bitch ball about that? What was more precise than that pass from Lampard ... as for the goal Ramirez scored ....
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

um.. go look up match Chelsea stats.. quite appalling.. especially the passing numbers.. yikes.. precise is not a word one would use !

Comment

um.. go look up match Chelsea stats.. quite appalling.. especially the passing numbers.. yikes.. precise is not a word one would use !

Suh what would you say about the goal Ramirez scored? Maudib, both teams are in it to win. Everybody know that Barca gonna dominate with possession, teams have to simply adapt as best they can to deal with Barca's dominance and at the same time figure out how to hit on the counter.

Give Chelsea credit ... they defended well. All Barca did was move from left to right ... right to left.

Comment

The only thing left for Chelsea tuh duh is put 10 man innah di goal mout..

lol ! it was that bad !

Not saying I don't understand but.. unless you are a Chelsea fan.. bettah yuh watch moss grow..

Comment

The only thing left for Chelsea tuh duh is put 10 man innah di goal mout..

lol ! it was that bad !

Not saying I don't understand but.. unless you are a Chelsea fan.. bettah yuh watch moss grow..

I'm not a Chelsea fan ... but as football fan I'm not afraid to give them credit. Yuh realize Barca play them twice and nuh beat them? Its either they figured out how to beat Barca and now that they've presented the blue print Pep walk out. Or maybe Barca was exhausted from playing so many games.

Come on dude yuh affi give Chelsea dem props.

Comment

Working...
                              X