X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goalies galore

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...rseas_11330569

Big up Paul Campbell everytime.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Is Ricketts jamaica's best goalkeeper presently?
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

@Jangle: Yes. Duane Miller and Shane Sawyers are the two best behind Ricketts. However, it doesn't matter who is in goal, if the defenders in front of them don't improve, they're screwed.

Comment

True about the defenders. I saw Ricketts live against the Red Bulls a few weeks ago and he was far from convincing.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

yeah he has a bad game once in a while but his Montreal team defense is not convincing either
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Defense or not I think there is no doubt he has slipped dramatically since his days at LA Galaxy. The reasons could me many but he is definitely not the same caliber GK.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
              Defense or not I think there is no doubt he has slipped dramatically since his days at LA Galaxy. The reasons could me many but he is definitely not the same caliber GK.
              Could it be a case of as per Steve Bucknor (The 2nd b- est schoolboy 'keeper I have seen)? Steve broke an arm - Or was it shoulder? - and that was the end of him as a top goalkeeper.

btw - The best schoolboy 'keeper I saw was Cosmond Vaughn of Manning. ...better than Steve 'StaB' Bucknor and miles ahead of the famous Michael King of STGC.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Nice article!

Nuff-nuff praises to Aaron "Wild Boy" Lawrance, Warren Barrett and Paul Campbell.

Tremendous pressure on the shoulders of the trailblazers to smooth the path for others. Wish them all much success.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Miller is no better than McCallum or Jacomena. He is a wild man who will constantly fumble the ball.

Comment

Working...
                  X