Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Marriner to ref derby....

Andre Marriner chosen to referee Manchester derby
    Andre Marriner prepares to book Jamie Carragher at Anfield, while Wayne Rooney dispenses advice. Photograph: Michael Regan/Getty Images

Andre Marriner has been appointed to referee the Premier League derby between Manchester City and Manchester United next Monday.
    City's official website confirmed the news that the 41-year-old from Sheldon in the West Midlands will take charge of what is a decisive game in the title race at the Etihad Stadium.

Marriner's appointment will not be viewed as a controversial one given the fact that he has only issued five red cards in 25 games so far this season. He also took charge of the derby at Old Trafford last season that
    Manchester United won 2-1 thanks to goals from Nani and Wayne Rooney.

City trail United by three points going into the game but with a superior goal difference, knowing a win would put them in control of their bid to win the title.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

A phone call from the boss is in order. No need to take any chances with this one.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

One day we will have refs who are objective and nuh show favortism to BoyUnited. Can there be a game where BoyU nuh get a free goal scoring opportunity via a bogus penalty?
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Paul Marins...piece below featuring the phone call between Sir Alex and the ref was a classic. It had me bending in laughter!!

5 minutes in extra time is typical for Man dis-United. An indication that the claim of unfair refs decision always benefit dis-United.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
          One day we will have refs who are objective and nuh show favortism to BoyUnited. Can there be a game where BoyU nuh get a free goal scoring opportunity via a bogus penalty?
          yuh nuh ... did you see that penalty yesterday?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
            Paul Marins...piece below featuring the phone call between Sir Alex and the ref was a classic. It had me bending in laughter!!

5 minutes in extra time is typical for Man dis-United. An indication that the claim of unfair refs decision always benefit dis-United.
            Come on now ppl? What was wrong with the 5 minutes? Normal time given is 3 minutes ... there were 6 goals plus subs? There were 4 minutes added on the Barca v Real Madrid game. How come no one had an issue with that?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post

Is me seh dat or Peter? Either way, I totally agree with him. Andre Mariner...what a ting...Evra the liad goathead eeediat mussi vex true a Mariner same one that him did tell seh Suarez "called him names"...and look how wonderfully that one turned out. In all seriousness...I think City has a better chance with Mariner than with most of the alternatives...but every ref has his price. and Slurgie certainly has his checkbook open and ready!!!
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Peter/Paul...same ting.....

...but what's the rule for using a foreign ref in the EPL?

The ref who did the Barca v. R. Madrid would do a good job.

HL

Comment

If you want to join the group I have the perfect name for you- Barnabass

HL, your team just has to go out and execute...no, I don't mean with guns , just get your home win which we agreed you must take, you need it for momentum against Newcastle that has won six in a row(?) and trying to seal a Champions league spot... it won't be easy...

You can bet Sir A$lick has been prepping his team and MU will not be taking a 6-1 this time... the table is set... now serve di dinnah!
                  Peter R

Comment

I was watching ESPN soccernet press pass and the presenter asked Robbie Earle if he thought Mancini really believed that the season is over... Robbies's answer was to the effect... Mancini should leave the mind games to Sir Alex... LOL
                    Peter R

Comment

Working...
                    X