X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe true for Jangle, not for me...

Study says soccer is like sex for fans

Updated Apr 19, 2012 4:43 AM ET

Soccer fans get as excited watching a big game as they do during a night of passionate love-making, European researchers claimed. Scientists from the Netherlands and Spain studied the hormone levels of Spanish fans during a match and found that levels of the sex hormone testosterone soared in male and female soccer fans regardless of their team's success.

Lead researcher Leander van der Meij, from Amsterdam's Vu University, said fans also experienced a greater secretion of the "stress" hormone cortisol, an effect that is "consistent with the social self-preservation theory." The spike in cortisol secretion suggests that the fans -- younger, more devoted fans in particular -- experienced a threat to their social esteem if their team did not win.

The study was published Wednesday in the journal PLoS One.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Stop show-off yuhself. I have two pills for you.....the red one leads you down the rabbit hole.....the blue..............
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      Stop show-off yuhself. I have two pills for you.....the red one leads you down the rabbit hole.....the blue..............
      And what are you doing with these pills? Why do you have them? Where did you get them from? Hmmm...
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
      X