Anton Ferdinand busted over vacation lie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anton Ferdinand busted over vacation lie

<P class=big>Anton Ferdinand has offered an apology after misleading West Ham United over his whereabouts during a recent break.<P nd="1">With The Hammers not in FA Cup fifth round action in mid-February, Alan Curbishley gave his players four days off.<P nd="2">Ferdinand used the break for a mini-holiday in the United States, but told the club he was visiting his grandmother on the Isle of Wight.<P nd="3">The centre-half admits he made a mistake, but insists his actions were not a sign of a lack of commitment to West Ham's battle to stay in the Premiership.<P nd="4">"I have made a stupid mistake," Ferdinand told the News of the World. "One I will not make again.<P nd="5">"If I could turn the clock back now, of course I would, but there is only one way I can make amends and that's to do everything I can to help West Ham win the relegation battle we now face.<P nd="6">"I owe as much to the manager, my team-mates and the fans. I would never do anything to deliberately shame West Ham, and particularly the fans, and I ask people to remember I am still relatively young and learning all the time.<P nd="7">"I can understand this trip looked like I was turning my back on the club's predicament, but nothing could be further from the truth.<P nd="8">"Because of the FA Cup, we were given a few days off, which I realise was a privilege. I then decided to book a trip to America, where a good friend of mine was celebrating his birthday. It was mine as well, and I thought there was no harm done by going to see him.<P nd="9">"The travelling wasn't a problem for me and I came back to the club in good time for training, so I never breached any rules like that. And I genuinely did go and see my gran when I got back.<P nd="10">"I absolutely did nothing wrong while I was in America. So while I'm not proud of my behaviour, I know, deep down, I haven't lost my sense of duty and loyalty to the club, and I know I didn't misbehave.<P nd="11">"I also know I shouldn't have gone in the first place and all I can ask is that people judge me now on my future behaviour and performances, and not on this one isolated incident."
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

RE: Anton Ferdinand busted over vacation lie

Can anyone tell me why my posts keep getting edited??

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Comment

Well, Karl. Since you were the perpetrator, and you obviously don't feel like answering my question, then let me make a direct request to you to quit editing my posts. I really don't see why it's necessary, nor do I care for it.

- Xavi

Comment

So what's the problem? If him get time off him should be able to go any damn where he wants to.

Comment

Zeppo: Please check the forum rules and follow the appropriate procedure if you have questions regardingthe moving, editing or deletion of any post. The personal messaging (PM) feature of this forumis recommended for this.

Forum Rules

Thanks,

Tilla
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

PM? If the post broke any forum rule, mek it public suh all of us know nuh? Whats the secret?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Nothing secretive. And to the contrary of breaking the rules, I made sure to post only a portion of the original article and then the link to read the rest of it.

Perhaps Karl doesn't know that it's illegal to repost an entire article without pemission from the source.

- Xavi

Comment

Zeppo (3/4/2007)Well, Karl. Since you were the perpetrator, and you obviously don't feel like answering my question, then let me make a direct request to you to quit editing my posts. I really don't see why it's necessary, nor do I care for it.
                I do not know where you get off on thinking I do not feel like answering your questions. It is normal for me to respond to all questions.

I was away from the board for some hours and have recently returned. My reason for editing many of the posts with links was to enable vistors to read without changing to another website.

I certainly did not know it was illegal to post complete articles from other sources on a discussion board. If, infact, it is illegal would that not have to be within the context of the copyright holder requesting that the article not be reproduced.

Would a reproduction in whole or in part (as was your post) be illegal? If so, would it then mean we could not reproduce any part of any article or any part of any article around which to have a discussion?

I have deliberately expanded on your advice of not reproducing any article without the copyright holders permission to "...reporduce in part" as, if you are correct,I cannotsee why the copyright holder allow any leeway for manipulation of articles in posts or 'joined posts' to appear in totality.

I am sure the moderators of the board and the managers will address this matter.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

PM? If the post broke any forum rule, mek it public suh all of us know nuh? Whats the secret?
                  It is not a secret, but we would rather the board not turn into a place for people airing their bickering publicly. If you have a problem with a moderator editing your post, PM him to see what is what.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl3_lblFullMessage></SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                  X