Experts, can you tell me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experts, can you tell me

why cech didn't get a red card for bringing down Adebayor? thanks... i probably don't understand the laws of the game...
    Peter R

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
    why cech didn't get a red card for bringing down Adebayor? thanks... i probably don't understand the laws of the game...

Good question ... even if he played the advantage he should have gone back and administered justice to Cech.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

That's how I see it too. not even a yellow!
      Peter R

Comment

Easier call to award Bails goal than stick foot in Semi final hot water by awarding penalty and sending off Chech.

Comment

So if the goal had NOT scored it would have been red card plus penalty... to me the fact that a goal was scored is immaterial... if what you say it seems that the refs become subjective rather than maintaining objectivity... had Cech been sent off as I think he should have been, until I am enlightened by someone versed in the Laws, the scoreline would probably have been a little different... as it is i think Chelsea got away with one... Ambramovich have deep pockets mi hear
          Peter R

Comment

So if the goal had NOT scored it would have been red card plus penalty... to me the fact that a goal was scored is immaterial... if what you say it seems that the refs become subjective rather than maintaining objectivity... had Cech been sent off as I think he should have been, until I am enlightened by someone versed in the Laws, the scoreline would probably have been a little different... as it is i think Chelsea got away with one... Ambramovich have deep pockets mi hear
            Not getting into that one rt now as lawyer fee's expensive.

But the other alternative is Bail's goal stands, and ref tek retrospective action and book/send off Chech.

Comment

The way the law is written the red card is only admissible if the player TAKES AWAY a goal scoring opportunity. He did not take away a goal scoring opportunity because the ball went to Bale who scored. The ref, by playing advantage did the right thing. The only way a red card would have been awarded in that situation was 1) if the foul - by itself - was violent enough to warrant a red card in its own right or 2) the ball bounced out of bounds or elsewhere where the advantage play wasn't warranted. One could argue that he should have gotten a yellow card for the foul in and of itself, but not a red. These are the sending off offences:

A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the following seven offences:
              • serious foul play
              • violent conduct
              • spitting at an opponent or any other person
              • denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
              • denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
              • using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
              • receiving a second caution in the same match

A player, substitute or substituted player who has been sent off must leave the vicinity of the field of play and the technical area.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Thanks for the enlightenment... makes more sense now.
                Peter R

Comment

Working...
                X