No announcement yet.

Andrae Campbell off for trials in Norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a quiet chat with Lindy while he was at JBC...the stories caused me to laugh with him as it would have been not manly to cry!
    Remember Lindy was waaaaaaaaaaay before Laurie Cummingham and Regis.

btw - John Barnes also spoke up about the torrid time he got...
    Mmmm? Wonder what our Gillie Heron had to face in Scothave bland??? must been like taking life in hand each time he took to the pitch?

Would love to be pointed to any comment Gillie made about his receptions by the 'fans'?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
      Hats off to everyone involved i would also like to say big up to people like Ricardo Gardner, Ricardo Fuller, Tyrone Marshall ,Donovan Ricketts and all the other Jamaicans who have played in foriegn leagues. These are the guys that have open the eyes of the rest of the world to let them know that there is a lot of talent on the Island. I also want to mention the impact Rudolph Austin has made in the Nordic League. He's been a real success and a credit to Jamaica. I know he is not always flavour of the month with all Jamaicans but he is highly rated and is one of the reasons why others are getting opportunities.

Austin?
      ...seems to have a problem making the transition to playing at quality level in international matches against best in CONCACAF and in our friendlies. against teams with better quality that our CONCACAF 2nd tier teams.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
        Hats off to everyone involved i would also like to say big up to people like Ricardo Gardner, Ricardo Fuller, Tyrone Marshall ,Donovan Ricketts and all the other Jamaicans who have played in foriegn leagues. These are the guys that have open the eyes of the rest of the world to let them know that there is a lot of talent on the Island. I also want to mention the impact Rudolph Austin has made in the Nordic League. He's been a real success and a credit to Jamaica. I know he is not always flavour of the month with all Jamaicans but he is highly rated and is one of the reasons why others are getting opportunities.
        Agreed!

Just to add that tremendous work has been done in the past several years by TSA to introduce our players to markets in S.America, Aisa, EU countries (Romeo Parkes' current sojourn in Turkey is a case in point - Young fast forward/midfielder, with tremendous shot in either foot) - and in some 'exotic' markets = to/for our fanz little known markets where wages are decent and scouts from the 'Big Five' constantly troll.

Incidently generally the wages in the Norways, etc. are poor when compared to some of the 'exotic markets'.

Aside: What influence has the rise of Asafa Powell, Usian Bolt, VCB had on this burst of marketing of our footballers?

...and in my mind the greatest drawback we have had in marketing players is the poor displays of Jamaica's national teams (the age-group teams and the senior teams). ...and that is a crying shame as the quality players are both inside and outside of the island that should have us making waves on the international scene.

Unfortunately our 'technical experts' in the JFF have shown they have not a clue on what qualities our players should have to make for good international players and good TEAM. ...when one thinks one knows and do not know it is a hell of thing to ensure a willingness to learn.

TEAMplay as per our 1st 3 matches in the last Gold Cup is consistently missing from our TEAMs.

...2ndly it is obvious that the 'technical experts' have not recognised that the lumbering players on our team may escape humilation at the 2nd form levels but shall be cruely exposed where 'real' football is played.
        I guess if the technical experts have recognised that failing the aim must 'failure' in matches where (real) football is played
        Last edited by Karl; April 14, 2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Had a quiet chat with Lindy while he was at JBC...the stories caused me to laugh with him as it would have been not manly to cry!
          Remember Lindy was waaaaaaaaaaay before Laurie Cummingham and Regis.

btw - John Barnes also spoke up about the torrid time he got...
          Mmmm? Wonder what our Gillie Heron had to face in Scothave bland??? must been like taking life in hand each time he took to the pitch?

Would love to be pointed to any comment Gillie made about his receptions by the 'fans'?
          I can only imagine what Lindy had to go through. That's the point, all you can do is laugh and thank god times have changed (outwardly anyway)...still lots to do.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

"Unfortunately our 'technical experts' in the JFF have shown they have not a clue on what qualities our players should have to make for good international players and good TEAM. ...when one thinks one knows and do not know it is a hell of thing to ensure a willingness to learn."

Very good point Karl. My mantra throughout the years is, "A proud man cannot learn".
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              "
              Very good point Karl. My mantra throughout the years is, "A proud man cannot learn".
              That is lazie problem right there!!!! Him so proud him still cyan jus' seh - Young Dived - him come up with "Young put an EXCLAMATION on the foul" - -- DWL!!! Anyway, back to the topic, I agree with Karl, if we can't change our mentality, we are doomed.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
              X