No announcement yet.

We just dodge a bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the second potential yellow was the first bullet we dodged... and then of course the penalty they missed.

You're right about Jones too, why in heavens name didn't he just catch that ball rather than batting it down and fouling the man... that was also a near red card if you ask me...

Anyway, the end result I'll take; Ill pull a Lazie and point to calls that went against us unfairly as KD pointed out in someone's (Jangle) post
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      the second potential yellow was the first bullet we dodged... and then of course the penalty they missed.

You're right about Jones too, why in heavens name didn't he just catch that ball rather than batting it down and fouling the man... that was also a near red card if you ask me...

Anyway, the end result I'll take; Ill pull a Lazie and point to calls that went against us unfairly as KD pointed out in someone's (Jangle) post
      Peter, that was not a red card as I see it on Jones. The ball careened away from the goal towards Coates so Yak would have had to run across the goal mouth and challenge Coates for the ball before he would have had a clear goal scoring chance. Remember the sequence was that the ball hit Yak and bounced away before Jones fouled him, if it was the other way around (i.e. foul then ball bounced away), it would have been a candidate for red. Or, had the ball been closer to Yak than Coates (e.g. squirming around in the 6 closer to Yak than Coates) then red for sure. God alone knows why he didn't just catch (or even punch) the ball.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
      X