RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you imagine the wrath of Peter & Paul .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you imagine the wrath of Peter & Paul .....

if this was the Empire instead of Chel$ki? Abramovich recently opened a "special" fund account with Barclays Bank.

Refs' chief says sorry to Wigan boss Martinez over 'offside' goals in defeat at Chelsea

By Sportsmail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 09:56 EST, 10 April 2012 | UPDATED: 09:58 EST, 10 April 2012
    Wigan boss Roberto Martinez has received an apology from referees' chief Mike Riley following his side's controversial defeat at Chelsea on Saturday.

Martinez claimed his relegation-threatened side were 'robbed' as Chelsea struck twice from apparently offside positions to secure a 2-1 Barclays Premier League win at Stamford Bridge.
    The Spaniard has since spoken to Riley, of the Professional Game Match Officials Board, over the matter and says the body accept mistakes were made.

Offside: Branislav Ivanovic (left) opens the scoring for Chelsea on Saturday

LIverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has appeared to call into question the integrity of match officials following what he calls 'inexcusable' decisions in Liverpool's last three games.

Dalglish even called on match officials to explain their decisions to managers to avoid talk of a 'conspiracy' against his side.
    The Reds manager could now face an FA charge over his comments.
    Martinez said: 'He just said he understands that at the level of refereeing in this league, they should get that call right.

'I think that is a very honourable way to face mistakes.

'We are all capable of making mistakes and it is about how you react to them.'
    Martinez was strong in his criticism of the officials after the game, branding the performance of assistant Dave Bryan as 'disgusting'.
    It has been suggested he could face action from the Football Association over his comments, but Martinez does not expect that to happen.

He said: 'I think they praised me because they were quite surprised I held myself back and I was so respectful.'
    Bryan, who allowed goals for Branislav Ivanovic and Juan Mata to stand, has since been stood down from tonight's game between Blackburn and Liverpool.

Martinez said: 'I think we all know mistakes happen, I am the first one to accept that.

'The problem is when you get two calls in two similar situations, and one of them is so clear, knowing the experience of the linesman - it is really tough to take.

Offside again: Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata (right) scores the winning goal

'We are not looking to get people punished - anything retrospective to the event - but unfortunately we were stopped from getting the reward we deserved.
    'It is a difficult place to go for a positive result. We need to accept on this occasion we weren't lucky enough to get the result. There were calls you expect to get right at our level.'
    Wigan, who remain in the bottom three, feel they have been on the wrong end of too many injustices this season. Blackburn were awarded a goal against them in a 3-3 draw from a corner that was incorrectly taken in November and striker Conor Sammon was wrongly sent off in December's 5-0 loss to Manchester United. Latics successfully appealed against the Sammon dismissal.

Martinez said: 'We have had that sense of injustice too many times this season. But you need to look deeper than the results.

'Psychologically a result at Stamford Bridge would have been fantastic but we can still see through it and look at the performance.

Uproar: Wigan manager Roberto Martinez was aghast at the decisions at Stamford Bridge

'I don't want it to come across that we are blaming the referee for our position - not at all. It was just hurtful to be on the back of two decisions at such a crucial time.
    'I think it is more important for us to concentrate on the performance. If we carry on playing like that in the next six games, I am sure those points and moments of bad luck will turn around and go in our favour.'
    One incident Martinez does not appear overly concerned about now is an apparent punch by Ivanovic on Shaun Maloney in the build-up Chelsea's winning goal, which has been highlighted by TV.
    He said: 'As a player, if you do something wrong you should be punished at that moment. If you don't get caught at the moment, I don't think retrospective punishment is something that should be used.'
    Wigan face a daunting task as they return to action against United, the champions and league leaders, at home on Wednesday.

Latics have a poor record against Sir Alex Ferguson's men having lost all 14 games they have played against them. Martinez has been on the end of five of those defeats, his side conceding 21 goals in the process.

Martinez said: 'The performances we have had at Anfield and Stamford Bridge this season have got rid of that block.

'Against Manchester United you have to be perfect and we know now we can be perfect against these sides. Mentally we are ready for that.

'We have been able to play at a very good standard in the last nine games and that is what pleases me most.

'That shows the group is ready to compete against anyone.

'We are now facing the champions and the team most in form in the league. It is a great football occasion for us, that is why we want to be in this league.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1rezXvhnB
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Look how long I have been telling you that Roman money goh faaaar...cho...my youth dem in Boston don' know how dis ting work...
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

The good thing is the ref apologised... small consolation though...

As for "wrath" Ii don't understand why you use that word... it really doesn't bother to the point of "wrath" that your team gets the benefit of calls in critical circumstances; what does bother me more is that you guys, especially your so-called president, are in denial about it...

And of course as a fan what can you do? nothing... but admit that there is help from the refs in achieving and maintaining your status...
      Last edited by Peter R; April 10, 2012, 07:12 PM.
      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
        The good thing is the ref apologised... small consolation though...

As for "wrath" Ii don't understand why you use that word... it really doesn't bother to the point of "wrath" that your team gets the benefit of calls in critical circumstances; what does bother me more is that you guys, especially your so-called president, are in denial about it...

And of course as a fan what can you do? nothing... but admit that there is help from the refs in achieving and maintaining your status...
        Peter, in his defense, Jangle already admitted it...he knows they get the favoured calls. The difference between him and Lazie is that every now and again, he goes into the back of his closet, pulls on his John Barnes 9 Liverpool jersey and pretends to play "pass and move" with Ian Rush and the Liverpool team he once so adored.

"Rush...to...Dalglish...Jangle breaking on the wing...lovely pass from Dalglish to Jangle, Jangle's a speedy one, beats Steve Bruce with a brilliant nutmeg...Oh my word...he shoots!!! He Scores!!!! What a goal by Liverpool's Jangle!!! Don't it bring a tear to your eye? It does to his considering by this time him wife done cuss him about 3 times fi come out of the closet and stop mek noise.

It is this proper upbringing supporting a proper club that makes him act honestly (every now and again), instead of courting his waggonist ways brought about by d-evil...but all that good broughtupsy cyan buy him no sense. Him still have zero football brain in him head.

Now as for Lazie, he's simply in denial.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

BLASPHEMY!!!!

I did love to watch JB, Ian Rush....but I also loved Chris Waddle, Ossie Ardilles, John Fashanu
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            I did love to watch JB, Ian Rush....
            That's all you needed to say

Comment

Spin Docta!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X