Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what I'm talking about.

Where are my Baby Gummers Karl, Twan, Gamma etc...... Go Gunners

Forget finishing third, we can beat City to second, roars Arsenal's Szczesny

By Sportsmail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 03:23 EST, 10 April 2012 | UPDATED: 03:23 EST, 10 April 2012
    Arsenal No 1 Wojciech Szczesny has set his sights on overhauling Manchester City and finishing second in the Barclays Premier League.
    Arsene Wenger's side have won eight of their last nine games and beat City at the Emirates on Sunday thanks to Mikel Arteta's late strike.
    And while finishing third remains Szczesny's priority, the Pole believes the runners-up spot is up for grabs, despite the ten-point gap to City.

Pure delight: Wojciech Szczesny celebrates Arsenal's win over Manchester City

'I believe we will finish third,' he said.

'Man City have lost their chance of the title - it was a big blow to us last year and they might drop a little bit, so who knows maybe we can catch them as well.

'Our aim is to win every game and if we do that we will be in the Champions League next season.'
    After a stuttering start to the season, Arsenal looked set to struggle to make the top four but their recent run has lifted them into third place, above bitter rivals Tottenham.

Stunner: Mikel Areta struck late to earn Arsenal all three points against City

'We have shown that when we are put under pressure we can deal with it,' Szczesny added.

'We had very difficult times at the start of the season and managed to get through it and the team spirit is obvious for all to see.

'We take advantage of it to win games like this and this is the fifth game in the last few months where we have won it at the end. The team is doing well, the atmosphere is good and it shows out there on the pitch.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1rexXuBU3
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

I'm not talking about TRUE Gunners like Karl, Twan, Gamma etc, who still believe after the tumultuous start to our season. The waggonists Gunners should be ashame. Even on Fox Soocer only Booby McMahon had faith that our Gunners will finish THIRD this season like he does every time.
    Now here's the irony: Arteta took a pay cut on the last transfer day just to join the GUNNERS. I guess the opposite can be said of a certain former Gunner.
    I'm sure he is and the title goodbye.

Comment

Arsenal Player of the Season - my vote - Alex Song. I wonder if he has any ambitions to win a title? I need to put in a call to SAF about making a bid for him this summer.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I would go with the obvious Van Persie but I'm no expert and haven't followed their matches closely, heck it really is only the one off Liverpool match that I get to see the entire game , like yesterday's against Bbrn... lifted my spirits yu see! not even a draw was going to make me happy.
        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
          Arsenal Player of the Season - my vote - Alex Song. I wonder if he has any ambitions to win a title? I need to put in a call to SAF about making a bid for him this summer.
          Jangle watch uself a long time me a plug this youth, he is the best holding midfielder playing in the Prem. What separate him from the others is his ability to pick a pass. And by the way Jangle, the days of us selling our best players is gone. We will get rid of the Bendtners etc and bring in some quality. So you better worry bout wi next season.

Comment

Dunny, you sounding a little like one of my fellow L'pool supporters now ... (mawning X ) I avoid the prediction game... over the last few seasons hope has been dashed time and time again... I now take it one game at a time
            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
              Dunny, you sounding a little like one of my fellow L'pool supporters now ... (mawning X ) I avoid the prediction game... over the last few seasons hope has been dashed time and time again... I now take it one game at a time
              We Gooners have got a lot to be positive about, unlike X and the rest of the Liverpool massive 16 years in a row in the top 4!!

Comment

...including an undefeated season...
                Peter R

Comment

Him and Yaya Toure could pass for footballing twins. He hustles more than Yaya but takes less shots at goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                    We Gooners have got a lot to be positive about, unlike X and the rest of the Liverpool massive 16 years in a row in the top 4!!
                    Including the fact that every season so-call football experts and pundits always predict at the start of every season that our Gunners will finish below the top four with Liverpool always above us.
                    They never seem to learn.

Comment

RVP wins by a short head but Song has been outstanding this season, thus he just got a new contract...so he stays put !! he can find that pass that unlocks the defence when needed makes him indispensible..
                      Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Anyone remember when Arsenal fans booed this youth when he made his Arsenal debut?
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                          Anyone remember when Arsenal fans booed this youth when he made his Arsenal debut?
                          Yup and he was taken off after going on as a SUB !!!...

some ppl on here was saying that AW shouldn't have taken him off...look at him now !!!
                          Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Working...
                          X